Lost ring in Ireland

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I am new to this site.
I was referred here from a facebook page.

What I was wondering is this, My boyfriend had lost his promise ring while he was swimming. I know there are many sites to go to in order to find lost ring services, my problem is that I live on this island called Ireland. Being more specific I live in County Kerry area.

I'm sure you understand the value of a ring given to your significant other, and his heart is just broken. He jumped off a well known pier and it had slipped off when he surfaced. It was during low tide, and so you can touch the bottom, he's not a very good swimmer, and my eye sight is horrendous without my glasses. I tried looking, but to no avail.

My Question is this: Is there anyone who knows ANYBODY here? Is there ANYONE here who can be of help I know we need an underwater metal detector, but we need to find one, and possibly scuba gear. Reason I say scuba is because where he lost it, there is a lot of seaweed, so we may have to sort through it. Please I'm begging you. We lost it on this Tuesday. No bad weather, or rough seas, but I know it's a matter of time. I'd like to find someone who may have connections. Please, anyone, help.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
How large is the area that the ring might have been lost in? While trying to find someone with a waterproof detector willing to help out, you could also try taking some aluminum window screen and sifting the bottom. Maybe you could snatch the ring in the screen basket. Shouldn't be too difficult to construct a hoop or square frame and add a handle. Might even add a short rope for pulling the scoop through the sand.

...Just a thought.

OP
OP
K

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
haha I was referred here by someone else in hopes of getting a higher response, :) But thanks for commenting again.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Please keep in mind that our side of the world is just starting to wake up.

And THEN keep in mind that many folks work. Tnet can get moving pretty fast every now and then, but it IS just a forum - not instant messaging. Can take time for someone with your answer to log in, find your post, read it, and then reply.

There are a few folks on here from places in Europe, but most are in North America - some in Asia, some in Africa, several in Australia. Have seen a few others from Ireland.

That's why I suggested making a scoop, providing you know the area that it was lost in.

Good luck!

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Krystal - There is 1 guy in Dublin with the ring finders, though it appears he only does land searches. I may be wrong and he may know someone that has scuba capabilities. Here is his info: https://theringfinders.com/Ronnie.Byrne/

If you guys want to fly me over there - I'd be more than happy to recover that ring for you. I am in the USA though...........:thumbsup: - Good Luck!

OP
OP
K

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I understand the time difference. And yes I know it's not instant messaging I thought it was best to moved it in case I was in any violation.
Unfortunately we don't have enough money to fly you over here, otherwise I would do it out of my own pocket!!
And Thank you for the best wishes!!! I will keep you guys updated as much as I can.

Edit*** I was born in the states by the way, I know the time zones well. Have family in ID and FL. And friends in between.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly I that email is no longer valid or in working order :(
And I will have to wait until my boyfriend comes home in order to try and call him.

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dia dhuit,

As you probably know, metal detectors are pretty regulated. However, This is a pretty good site with lot's of experienced "hunters". I pray you find the ring.

James Stack

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Edit*** I was born in the states by the way"
Ah, so THAT'S why your engkish is so easy to understand. :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Edit*** I was born in the states by the way"
Ah, so THAT'S why your engkish is so easy to understand. :tongue3:

Haaa :D you've made me laugh for a little bit and forgot my worries all about for 5 minutes, thank you kindly.

**Update as well**
I contacted Ronnie Byrne, turns out he just sells the metal detectors. He was no help, and his page on ring finders was old. That email, as you know, wasn't even working. He was just naming off prices for an underwater detector. :( I still have yet to hear from this new Facebook page I contacted since noon today.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call the Ring Finder members in England, Scotland, and Wales. One of them might be willing, or at least able to point you to someone who might help.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-
Theres an irish forum. Cant post a link but it has Irish metal detecting invisionfree in the web address.
People often post looking for help with lost stuff.

They would be glad to help you I am sure.

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Krystal_

Greenie
Jun 3, 2016
Kerry, Ireland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi-
Theres an irish forum. Cant post a link but it has Irish metal detecting invisionfree in the web address.
People often post looking for help with lost stuff.

They would be glad to help you I am sure.

Good luck

Where would I find that forum then?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply do a web search on your favorite search engine using the words Irish metal detecting invisionfree. It should be the 1st or 2nd result.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi -

As KCM posted. Failing that, there is a youtuber called William Popplewell. He is detecting around the Shannon area. I would imagine
he is on that forum also.

Good luck

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck , and welcome to T-net

rustyhooks

Oct 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi did you find the ring... if not, you can contact me.. i am qualified diver with a underwater metal detector and i live in dublin..

Duckman Willcox

Sep 20, 2015
SouthTexas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500, XP Deus, Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
post it on " lostmystuff.net " and hopefully someone near you will respond. This is a world wide organization and do searchers everywhere.

Last edited:

Duckman Willcox

Sep 20, 2015
SouthTexas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500, XP Deus, Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
post your info on " lostmystuff.net " and hopefully someone will contact you. This is a worldwide organization and has members all over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions