What's new

LOST SPANISH MISSION OF THE SAN JUAN RIVER/ SE UTAH OR SW COLORADO

Samanthy

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
221
Reaction score
253
Golden Thread
0
Location
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have been reading of an early Spanish mission above the Four Corners area. Founded in 1628 and lost to history the location is unknown. Possibly related, in 1971 a copper bell was found near Blanding, Utah and has been dated to more than 500 years old, of Spanish origin and fine workmanship. Do any TN members know any more details ?
 
Sounds very interesting! :icon_thumleft:
 
Very interesting. I've never heard of this story. I live in Farmington, NM just a couple hours away from blanding.
 
Source of the story is George A Thompson’s SOME DREAMS DIE: Utah’s Ghost Towns and Lost Treasures
 
Correction: the source is in Thompson’ book LOST TREASURES ON THE OLD SPANiSH TRAIL, page 34
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom