What's new

Lots of Civil War Lead!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday, I hunted a site I'm allowed on once a year - a Civil War battlefield on private property here in the Shenandoah Valley. I dug 40 pieces of CW lead and 2 shell frags. No brass. ??? Nonetheless, as far as totals, my best day ever recovering Civil War history. And I got video of all but about 5 or 6 of the digs. :laughing7:
relic hunt 11 13.webp
 
Upvote 40
Awesome hunt, sounds like a great place for an annual hunt. I sure would hate to be shot with one of those fat 3 ringers.
 
Holy lead!!!!! That is so cool! Nice finds!! Congrats and enjoy!! HH
 
That's a great haul for a once a year location! Thanks for posting.
 
LEAD HAEL THATS A NEST OF HORNETS !!!!!!!!
 
And here I would be smiling from ear to ear with a big **it eating grin having found just one of those beauties. Not so much finding just a 3 ringer, but one I knew was used in the CW. I hope one day to find some identifiable relic from the CW. A Confederate belt plate would be nice, but I would settle for one of these.
 
Awesome hunt, sounds like a great place for an annual hunt. I sure would hate to be shot with one of those fat 3 ringers.

I think the same thing every time I pull one out of the ground.
 
That's awesome! I live in Port Republic in the Shenandoah Valley... I'm sort of new to the hobby so I haven't had any great finds just yet! I want to have days like you had!
 
Great site to give up that much lead on a repeat hunt! Those are some nice mini's.
 
Once a year could not come soon enough. The site will be waiting on you next year. Nice heavy pouch you came away with!
hh
 
Great hunt! Most I ever found in one day was 26. It gives you a since of all the weight a soilder carried. They add up fast. Nice site
 
Now THAT'S a good hunt.
 
Great hunt! Most I ever found in one day was 26. It gives you a since of all the weight a soilder carried. They add up fast. Nice site

I think my previous high was 32. Yes, definitely heavy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom