Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

Re: Lots Of Great Talent On This Forum..."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????"

I work a 9.5 mile (1046 addresses )walking route for the USPS.......

ry%3D480

..............see ya yardhunter

Used to teach third and fourth grade, until I had the chance to be a full-time mom.

Spent the 1st 20 ish years of my adult life as a self-taught engineer - what was termed "Power & Controls Engineer" (Power distribution, automation, man-machine interface, hydraulics, pneumatics, chilling systems, gas, infra-red & UV drying / curing systems, facilities power & lighting, yada yada yada) - designing, installing and commissioning control systems for an interesting variety of custom-built machinery mostly in the paper, film, foil & packaging industries, but also did some work in cereal manufacturing, lottery printing presses, and a few other areas, too. That path had me away from home almost as much as I was home.

The last 10-ish years have been spent working from a home shop building wood "stuff" for home & office (cabinetry locally, & shippable stuff via a website)

Pay ain't nearly as good, but it's nice to be home.

Diggem'

I play Bass guitar and lead vocals for the "Swinging Johnsons"! ;D

Was going to turn golf pro but some how I ended up in the USAF for the next 5 years as a Crew Chief on the F-15... learned a little about computers in the Air force and I got out right before Dessert Shield. I always thought they would call me back but they never did... so I pursued computers and now I have my own computer business where I sell and fix computers for a living... I make my own hours pretty much and I can go hunting at any given time pretty much I have a pretty large customer base so I have always have some one I could ask if I could hunt their yard or land (old homesteads) I have been metal detecting since I was 10 started with one of those black radio shack detectors now I have the V3i... man the years sure have flown by!

Chukers

sheet metal fabricator from 92' to present day.....married the love of my life in 94' and we have two beautiful kids....found the other love of my life january 1st of this very year(dirt fishin) and i foresee a wonderful future with all!!!! :headbang:

18 years in the military. Navy,USNR, and now Air Force. Pays the bills but it seems your never home...

I am a lobsterman born and raised. Plowed roads for 13 years this will be my first winter not doing that. Gotta say I dont think I'll miss is one bit.

1966.1970 2 years in McHales Navy as a diver on a salvage ship last 2 on the JFK,25 years as a sheet metal worker been a semi professional poker player for the last 15 years and work 1 day a month for the State proctoring the Journey sheet metal license exam

married with 3 great kids, usmc, mechanic, heavy equip operator/mechanic, welder then ship hull welder now QA inspector of welding, paint at a shipyard building the Lockheed Martin LCS ships, kind of layed off the detecting the last couple years but will be hitting it hard come summer

I own a boat shop and build custom wooden boats. Not married, no kids, just me and my 18yo dog Molly.

Have done many things, but I retired as a Professional Photographer. The last I did was write for Treasure magizine, where I did the monthly Foto Fax column, & some of the cover Photos. Also some of the stories. This was in 1990 & 1991. Just detect, hunt, fish, kayak and ride my four wheeler now.

I work as a Realtor (Real Estate Agent) in PA and work for a retail company (Ollie's) also.

Nothing like hunting a property and if anyone says anything you pull out your business card (I work for the largest realty company in my county) and they just say 'oh, OK, your a real estate agent here'....LOL

I'm a Carman, for Norfolk and Southern Railroad!

Attachments

• NS 710  RP-E4C Locomotive Engine Norfolk Southern Railroad, Macon Georgia Brosnan Rail Yards.JPG
    NS 710 RP-E4C Locomotive Engine Norfolk Southern Railroad, Macon Georgia Brosnan Rail Yards.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 815

John-Edmonton said:
It's always nice to hear about you, other then you swing an ACE, AT Pro, water machine , gold machine etc. Sometimes what you do or did for a living can be a real asset to some issues on the forum. And, it would just be interesting to see the broad spectrum of careers which may have triggered a desire to metal detect. :icon_sunny:

Retired Archaeologist..

Well was a carpenter helper when first got out of school then got a job in manufacturing (steel worker) making water heater for 26 year now. marride for 19 yearswe have two girls 17 and 7( crazy lol) and i stink at the computer still trying. one md white's sl yep just one for 7 years and two dogs. and here we are now with yall :hello:

My actual title is hard to explain but I'm a consultant working on the human G-nome project for the imperial queen master on my home planet. But I was laid off.

But in the mean time I'm a web developer/Programmer but don't tell "THEM"

Computer Network Manager, then Computer Programmer for a major software company. This allowed me to retire at the early age of 36. Now I have many hobbies: sweepstaking, travel, collect sports memorabilia, and now I'm gonna add metal detecting to the list. AT Pro is arriving today from KellyCo.

I work for city of waco tx parks an rec for 15 yrs .Was in army during cold war saw wall fall at 1000 yrds .Divorced an have a daughter that likes to go hunt with me .Do event staff for some baylor football games an the extraco event center for 12 yrs .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back