Lots of stuff but...

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
... not many big winners. Wifey and I picked up a lot of things this past weekend but it doesn't look like we have any big winners (with one possible exception). Here they are:

DSC03337.JPG
- 6 Disney mugs from the late 1980s - early 1990s. Paid $0.25 each. Worth maybe $5 - $10 each.

- 4 NIB Takahashi cat planters. Paid $3 for all 4. Worth maybe $10 - $15 each.

DSC03338.JPG
- Tinkerbell doll with flapping wings. Paid $1. If she was NIB, worth about $25. No box and doesn't work. Value = ???

- John Romain basket purse from the 1960s. One of the better buys of the day. Paid $4. Worth maybe $30 - $40.

- The little black round thing is a dispenser for a ball of string (hat tip to the guys on the What Is It? forum for the ID). Paid $5. Ebay prices for this identical item are all over the place. Should get at least $15 for it.

- Brass bunny faucet. Paid $4. Worth maybe $10 - $20.

DSC03339.JPG
- Liberty Bell coin bank from a Building and Loan company in Ohio. Guessing from the 1930s or 40s maybe. Paid $1. Several of this same bank on ebay from different companies. Prices vary widely but probably at least $15. Probably worth more if we had the key.

- 5 copper tipped blacksmith soldering irons. Paid too much for these ($7 each). The small ones are worth at best $10 each. I might get $15 each out of the big ones. I had never seen these tools before so I thought they were uncommon. Wrong-O!

DSC03340.JPG
- Mid-sized Pyrex bowl for $1.

- Mosaic bull (NIB) from Spain for $2. Worth maybe $15.

- Galileo thermometer (NIB) for $1. Worth maybe $10.

DSC03341.JPG
- 7 Hummel figurines for $40. I will probably make a little money on these but not as much as I thought when I bought them. 3 of them are modern but are NIB issued as part of the Hummel Club. They other 4 are old with dates in the 1930s marked on the bottom. Two are intact but the other two are broken (still kicking myself for not looking more closely - I know better). I might get $20 each out of the good ones. Not sure about the broken ones.

DSC03342.JPG
- Stoneware candy jar made in England by Moira Pottery. Paid $3. Worth maybe $20.

- Likely the best buy of the day... Vivitar macro lens for Canon camera. Would need an adapter to fit the modern Canon DSLRs. Do they make such adapters? Pristine condition in original box. Price tag on the box is $349.99. Paid $10. Should bring at least $50 and maybe as much as $100.

DSC03343.JPG
- Hand-blown kitchen canisters with cast aluminum lids. Paid $12 for them. We like them so much we're going to keep 'em.

DSC03344.JPG
- These are a disappointment even though I only paid $4 for the entire box of books. These are (as best I can tell) all first edition Zane Grey novels including his first novel published in 1903. There are 14 (all unique titles) in the box. A few are in pretty rough shape but most of them are in good to very good condition. None have the dust jacket. I will probably get no more than $10 for the ones in the best condition and maybe $5 for a few others. A few are in such bad shape they are probably worthless. I'll be doing well to get $50 out of this box of books. I had hopes for WAY more than that. Sigh...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If nothing else the Zane Grey books make good reading. I've read most all of his stuff, great western writer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread