What's new

Lots of toasted pennies and a first

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,242
Reaction score
3,218
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Sweated through 1.5 hrs this afternoon. Found more coins than I normally find in 6 months, although all trash. 4 wheats (1952 is only date I can get) and an IHP. All are toasty, at least on one side. Also found an ww1/2 military collar/hat button which has seen better days. Found my first marble (I think). I’m assuming clay? We have some clay marbles my dad found 50+ yrs ago on the farm, but they were smaller if memory serves. This is too light (my opinion) to be glass and it has surface cracks all over…..where the dirt is showing. Is it a marble and if, is it clay?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3831.webp
    IMG_3831.webp
    3.3 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3832.webp
    IMG_3832.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
Upvote 40
Sweated through 1.5 hrs this afternoon. Found more coins than I normally find in 6 months, although all trash. 4 wheats (1952 is only date I can get) and an IHP. All are toasty, at least on one side. Also found an ww1/2 military collar/hat button which has seen better days. Found my first marble (I think). I’m assuming clay? We have some clay marbles my dad found 50+ yrs ago on the farm, but they were smaller if memory serves. This is too light (my opinion) to be glass and it has surface cracks all over…..where the dirt is showing. Is it a marble and if, is it clay?
cool finds, thanks for sharing
 
Sweated through 1.5 hrs this afternoon. Found more coins than I normally find in 6 months, although all trash. 4 wheats (1952 is only date I can get) and an IHP. All are toasty, at least on one side. Also found an ww1/2 military collar/hat button which has seen better days. Found my first marble (I think). I’m assuming clay? We have some clay marbles my dad found 50+ yrs ago on the farm, but they were smaller if memory serves. This is too light (my opinion) to be glass and it has surface cracks all over…..where the dirt is showing. Is it a marble and if, is it clay?
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
I found lots of marbles, yeah, never the non-glass ones, wasn’t aware there were “clay” ones! Learn something new every day!
 
I found lots of marbles, yeah, never the non-glass ones, wasn’t aware there were “clay” ones! Learn something new every day!
Clay marbles were around before the glass marbles became popular!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom