What's new

Lots of Yellow!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting beach day for me. This particular stretch of my local beach just delivers on a regular basis.

I prefer hunting the wet sand but usually turn on my Dual Field a few yards from the wet. First sweep and the target in the scoop is a gold crucifix earring from the dry sand.



I'm thinking...hmmm maybe the other one is here too. Earrings are a lot more interesting in pairs. AND lo and behold just about two feet away I grabbed the other one! Total weight...about 11 grams.



The next 30 minutes in the wet sand it's just coins but I am not proud ... I accept them graciously. Then a huge signal and I had to get down to about 10" before it was in my scoop. AND it was huge! An Indian chief ring at about 9 grams.



I was about at the extreme edge of my range which is a lifeguard tower. There at about 6" deep a nice glittering gold chain bracelet. Weighed in at 15.6 grams.



So in my pouch along with quite a few coins I have these yellow items. Whenever I make a good find I am usually careful about not advertising it too loudly. No victory dance for me. I slip the item in my pouch and usually wait till I get back to my car and then try to locate the all important marks...like 18K or 14K or PLAT.

Darn..couldn't make out any marks on these items at all. Well I figured at home. But sadly...it appears the Indian chief is brass...it has a crystalline structure. No marks at 15X magnification on the earrings or chain.

SO..not my best score but a fun hunt where the dream stayed alive ... for a little while.

 
Upvote 0
I am sure some test gold . That salt water would have corroded them up unless they are fresh drops.
 
Howdy Joe,

Sorry to hear that the lode was not real, BUT it looks like the old girl is still working just fine fer ye AND I'm SURE there is gold in your future! Wish I had the kinda luck you've had with the unit in my area. I'd still own it!
 
Great read! Some wonderful finds no matter what they are made of!
 
Hi Scott! Nice to hear from you.

That Dual Field has really been my baby :love10:...and what's great is that I'm able to understand the signals a lot more and can predict the "crap" better. Only sad thing is getting the lower rod snapped off at dog beach by an exuberant huge puppy running at high speed. Got the tall man now and have a sweep of about 10 feet and avoiding the dogs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom