Louisiana roll call

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Farmerville. I was raised as a hunter before the hunting clubs and refuges came along, you were pretty much allowed to hunt anywhere you chose. I also became an avid bottle digger as I grew older. I think these two things have helped me be pretty successfull in my new passion which is metal detecting. I have found that in our area if a person doesn't know you they are not likely to let you dig there property. My approach is to stay away from the cities on the most part and hunt old homeplaces, ferry landings, wagon roads, and old trails near our waterways. The Ouachita River, Darbonne Bayou, Corney Bayou, and the Deloutre had tons of people traveling them in the 1800's and there is land along these waterways you can hunt. The keys to our areas are knowing the type of trees and vegetation to look for. Anyway these are just my thoughts on hunting North La.

jmachulski

Jul 29, 2012
Well put LaDigger. Very true, can't go anywhere without permission anymore. I remember the good old days of just heading out and searching. But now, well u pretty much said it. Any ways happy hunting. :)

kristastaton

Apr 6, 2013
"Currently" in Alexandria, but soon expected to relocate to Marksville. New to not only this site but to Louisiana as well. My husband is a pipelayer who has started collecting bottles he digs up while at work. Looking forward learning more from those of you willing to share your knowledge. Any advise for this novice collector is greatly appreciated.

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ill tell you that when you move to marksville you'll be in a prime area for civil war relics... I've been trying for over a year to gain permission to hunt several properties there... There is plenty of places to go there but people are not to willing to open up to strangers. I was lucky enough to gain permission at one place but just wasn't a hot spot and didn't turn up any significant finds. I do however have a good place for bottles but I just need someone with the time to help me uncover them. I've found 5-10 whole unbroken bottles and I know there's more. Just want someone to help that's got the determination to dig them like I do.

signals diggem all... LaGold

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vacherie, Louisiana here.

kyzzerr

Greenie
Aug 13, 2011
Shreveport, La.
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030
Minelab excalibur2
Garrett AtPro
Hey digracer, I'm from shreveport, always looking to meet new people, would love to give natchitoches a try. Message me, maybe we can plan something. My email is [email protected]

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in for a nachitoches trip too. Ill be around the area the weekend of the 19th detecting with another friend but I'm always ready to make new detecting friends and up for new adventures

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know a few people that farm along the cane river area, but I've not yet asked them for permission... I've been trying to get permission on a very good area about 20 min or so from nachitoches. When I get that place ill be happy to invite you guys. My trip I'm going on in a week or so is a friend of mines place. I've got a few places about an hour south of nachitoches but I've been hitting them for over a year now and the finds are few and far between now

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm from the pineville area

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did sorry didn't see the message in time. I did ok for a couple hour hunt... Found some neat stuff check out my post later

jmachulski

Jul 29, 2012
So Is there anyone that will be in the Natchitoches area this Saturday April 27th. Me and the wife are spending the weekend there but she wants to sleep in Saturday so if anyone knows of places to hunt in Natchitoches please let me know or I can meet up and do a good early am hunt there.

jmachulski

Jul 29, 2012
Ohh my location there would be right next to the American cemetery in Natchitoches. Rented a B&b there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread