Louisiana Treasures Museum

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link. I didn't know of this place before. Looks interesting and it is reasonably close to me. Might have to plan a short drive over there and check it out ......

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Rat, looks interesting! Also looks like we have a new LA member. ;D :)

Welcome, roceda! There's not too many of us from LA, but we're very active! Let us know if you need anything local.

Noodle

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great place to see. Also visit as PBK posted earlier & (Thanks !):

http://louisianahistorymuseum.org/
Plus!! If you email me before you visit, I will give you a personal tour that takes over an hour and a half. You will get to see things normal visitors dont see, like behind the scenes.
DG

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ricky,

Right down the road a piece. ;D 4 miles. Wayne really has some eye popping, jaw dropping artifacts in there. I was like a kid in a candy store, I just didn't know what I wanted the CW artifacts or the Indian artifacts. He helped me ID some of my old bottles. Come on over, I'll go with you. I'm getting ready to post his article written in the local newspaper about the USS Barataria.

;) RR

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
I'd love to. I have some bottles that I'd like for him to look at. Are you close to Carter Plantation? One of my most favorite courses in Louisiana

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
RR, get some hard copies of the article and pamphlets on the museum if you can, for the hunt. Thanks!

Try and get Wayne here for the hunt also!

Noodle

Cheesecake Hunk

Feb 18, 2008
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger, MineLab SE pro
Hello all
Has anyone been to the museum in Jackson La it has tons of CW things.

www.jacksonlamuseum.com

For what it is worth it has a huge bone there that they say is a dinosaur found around there. There is a train ride on the weekends. The old school has a pipe organ it, the last time my wife and I were there they played it for us . Just thought some one might like to know.
Cheesecake

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before Katrina, I had a book: Encyclopedia of Forts, Post, Named Camps and Other Military Installations in Louisiana, 1700-1981, by Powell A. Casey, it listed every known military site in the state. I tried to replace it, but $180.00, was the lowest price I could find in used condition. If you live in Louisiana, you may find a copy in a library, if you want that type of information. Also check out this site: 18th History: the Camps, Forts, Etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread