LRP ...AT Pro decisions decisions

tagolf2000

Nov 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been lurking around a while and have narrowed down my options to the land ranger pro and the at pro. The only upside I can see of the at pro is a lil higher frequency,and waterproofing,with the iron audio.. is that correct?

I watched a few reviews on YouTube as well I am trying to decide if the at pro is really that much better than the LRP. As far as depth and things For the $.

I have a little area here in East TN (alot of the soil being clay) that was built in the 1800s and served as several things in its history. I want to find as much as I can around the place. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome the forum. I have a At Pro and like it. The waterproof feature sleep helpful as you can hunt I n any weather condition as well as in the water. I can't compare it to the LR[as I don't own one. The pro is easy to learn. Took me about 25 hours to get the feal of and learn what settings work. Their is some good advice in theAT Pro section of the forum. Good luck with your new detector which ever one you choose.

Last edited:

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. I've had several Bounty Hunter detectors over the last few years. I started on a loaner Tracker IV, got a Lone Star for Fathers Day shortly after, and recently purchased a Land Ranger Pro. I was in the same situation that you are in: choosing between the LRP and the AT Pro. AFter many reviews and videos, I decided that i wanted the LRP and I would spend the extra money that I saved on a few coils and other accessories. I won a Cors Shrew from eBay for $70, and I recently won a Nel Tornado for $80. i found a rain/dust cover for $15 that is from First Texas.

I've taken to digging just about everything recently. I've been running the LRP mostly in All Metal mode and have been pulling all sorts of stuff out of the ground.

Good luck in your purchase and happy digging!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to see a picture of the LRP with the Tornado on it. So awesome you won both a great prices. With those 2 coils and the dust cover you are still $100 under a AT Pro....and have performance that is IMO better than what the stock AT coil can do.

Good stuff verbious....gooood stuuuff.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hunter! I've been meaning to post a few pics or a short video of the Shrew in action. The Tornado, adapter, and cover should all be here by the 22nd. I'll make sure to make a full review on the coil once it arrives and i can put it though it's paces.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is a better build (sturdier feel) than the LRP and has a few helpful things like Iron Audio, but dollar for dollar, the LRP will find anything the AT Pro can at a better price. For people just getting into detecting, the LRP is a great choice unless money isn't an issue. Even then, the LRP will hold it's own in depth and ID against most detectors twice it's price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread