Bow Only Sr. Member Joined Jun 20, 2016 Messages 254 Reaction score 485 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 22, 2017 #1 I'd rather be lucky than good. I was fixing a washed out road with the tractor today and found these in the wash. I'll take it. The pottery looks like Deptford Bold Stamped. Bottom piece is a broken preform. Attachments leg point.webp 858.8 KB · Views: 119 Upvote 0
I'd rather be lucky than good. I was fixing a washed out road with the tractor today and found these in the wash. I'll take it. The pottery looks like Deptford Bold Stamped. Bottom piece is a broken preform.
sandchip Silver Member Joined Oct 29, 2010 Messages 4,374 Reaction score 6,934 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgia Detector(s) used Teknetics T2SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 22, 2017 #2 Cool. What's the lil' paleo looking point?
Bow Only Sr. Member Joined Jun 20, 2016 Messages 254 Reaction score 485 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 22, 2017 Thread Owner #3 sandchip said: Cool. What's the lil' paleo looking point? Click to expand... Most likely just a Woodland era point. The Beaver Lake looking ears may give the paleo shape, but it's not flaked or have the patina to be paleo.
sandchip said: Cool. What's the lil' paleo looking point? Click to expand... Most likely just a Woodland era point. The Beaver Lake looking ears may give the paleo shape, but it's not flaked or have the patina to be paleo.
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 24, 2017 #4 Those are some lucky finds and really cool! Love the pottery, I've found some of that check stamped design in my creek too.
Those are some lucky finds and really cool! Love the pottery, I've found some of that check stamped design in my creek too.
creekhunter Bronze Member Joined Dec 14, 2007 Messages 1,238 Reaction score 572 Golden Thread 0 Location Cincinnati, Ohio Detector(s) used Radio Shack Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 24, 2017 #5 Heck yeah!