Lucked Up On New CW Site Finds From The Past 6 Hunts

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TF 16.jpgtodays finds.jpgtodays finds 1.jpgtodays finds 2.jpgtodays finds 3.jpgtodays finds 4.jpgtodays finds 5.jpgtodays finds 6.jpgtodays finds 7.jpgtodays finds 8.jpgtodays finds 9.jpgtodays finds 10.jpgtodays finds 11.jpgtodays finds 12.jpgTF 13.jpgTF 14.jpgTF 15.jpg

Thanks to my lovely wife I was finally able to upload some pics. Really haven't been able to clean everything up very well. Their are a couple of What is its. One being the suspender like thing and the other being the brass tube piece with the screens in the end. The last 4 pics are of a lock plate 'my first' missing the hammer portion of course.
Not bad for North GA these days in my opinion.
Thanks Happy Hunting
Davers :thumbsup:

Upvote 19
I would love to hunt a site with those kind of finds and /history I always wonder if any of those bullets found there mark. and why so many buttons fell of back in the old days Great finds!!!!

Finds can certainly be scarce around our neck of the woods. Looks like you've got some good locations scouted out though, nice finds.

Great relics! Nice lead and buttons. That's spur is awesome!

Great finds. Bet your pack gets heavy.

Nice group of relics Davers!! Looks like a good place to hunt.

HH, Relic Nut

Nice stuff Davers,sweet spur and lock plate.I think you are right about the piece of suspender buckle.I am almost wondering if the brass tube might be the end piece to some kind of water purifier?Here are some lock plates from a civil war artifact book,hope it helps some.-HH 001.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Nice bunch of finds! Love digging civil war relics. If they could only talk...

Awesome score im kind of with Digiron2 on that one peice, maybe canteen filter or charcoal filter .

Great saves Davers. Your wife did an awesome job with the pictures. Looks like a great site that will produce for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

awesome finds, it don't get much better than that. Congrats, hope you find much more.

Always a LOVELY surprise to find a new place to hunt! Never found a lock plate!

Very well done Davers. Glad to see you on a nice CW site.

Best of luck to you!

Nice stuff Davers,sweet spur and lock plate.I think you are right about the piece of suspender buckle.I am almost wondering if the brass tube might be the end piece to some kind of water purifier?Here are some lock plates from a civil war artifact book,hope it helps some.-HH View attachment 1275486View attachment 1275487View attachment 1275488

I was thinking the same thing about the "Water Purifier" , (or old fashion) 'Life Straw' Googled 'CW,WP' & only one came up ,a few dif, times, the one in Francis Lords Book , but it was made totally different . Still Possible??

I love your Book , Do think I have seen it before ,wish I had it now.
Anyway pulled out a Few NSTCW Mags for reference, I had noticed most of the Common Springfield Lock Plates had a Smaller "U" cut just in front of the Hammer, The first mag, I looked at in 'Field Recoveries ' had a picture of an 1816 Lock Plate, With a much wider "U" cut on it ,also it stated the an 1819 marking can still be seen on it.

It was dug in VA at an early war site.
Gonna Cook it sometime this week & hopefully I can Get a Date. Would be Cool if it was off an 1816 Model (Stuff that old other than Rocks is rare around here.

Glad I keep everything , I dug down over 10 inches in Roots for this thing and was Ill when I saw it was Iron But Got to looking at it (saw the large hole) It just looked familiar (all those books & mag's Pictures ) over the years.

Gonna look through all my Iron from this site but if I recall most of it's to small for the hammer.
Still I will go Back (In all Metal) & try to find the Lock or other pieces ; Heck I found the large part of the spur 10 days before I dug the Smaller Piece. So U never Know.

Thanks for your time.

I thank everyone for all the comments , I fig, I'd better post some pictures or y'all would start to think I was a Pozer. LOL

Always a LOVELY surprise to find a new place to hunt! Never found a lock plate!

Yeah It's pretty small between say Burger King & Wal-Mart.
but
Ill take it. lol

Son of a gun, I should of hooked up with you for one final hunt before I moved.. LOL

Yeah It's pretty small between say Burger King & Wal-Mart.
but
Ill take it. lol

The stuff is quickly getting covered up. You did well in rescuing the relics. Sometimes the stuff is on just one lot surrounded by progress! Ha! Interesting on that lock plate. I cooked one I thought was for caps and it ended up being flint lock. Thats how rusted it was. Comes a point when cooking you have to make the call that it is done. Good luck nice saves in n.Ga.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back