Lunch Money

I do when i get loose teller tray ones or crw- its fun cause ya not too many people know what they are and you get that blank stare

just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I don't do halves, but I've paid for up to $10 worth of stuff at stores in dimes or nickles :tongue3:

Usually I do self checkout if possible.

I do spend them often... Yeah it is funny these teenagers have no clue what they are at all... same with ikes :P

The part I get a kick out of, is watching them figure out where to put the coins in their register!! lol

I do spend them often... Yeah it is funny these teenagers have no clue what they are at all... same with ikes :P

The part I get a kick out of, is watching them figure out where to put the coins in their register!! lol

I'm a teen. And I know what a half is. :/

I've spent thousands and thousands... I've gotten reactions everything from "I'll take all you've got!" to "Sorry I'm not taking these."

I occasionally spend halves, but I spend Ikes all the time. Whenever I'm at a bank asking for loose halves and they say they have large dollars I buy them too. I have never found anything in the large dollars, but I keep buying them because of all the stories I see on here of people getting peace, morgans, and eagles. Since the Ikes don't fit in the coin machines, I spend them.

A couple of times I have had stores/restaurants come close to saying they won't accept the Ikes. I always find that interesting. If any of them do say no, I'll take my business elsewhere. Whenever I hit a drive through, I always pay with Ikes or halves and these cashiers give the most hilarious reactions to them.

I was going to buy my McDonald's sweet tea with 2 crummy halves but decided not to do that cruel and unusual joke :P

I spend about $300 a month in halves and tip whenever we eat out with Ikes and halves. I bought a $700 bike for my wife with halves and the bike shop owner waved my sales tax because he was so happy to get the halves, saved almost 70 bucks in tax. Even the self serve machine at Lowe's will take the halves.

Damn this is a hilarious idea. Every time I stop at a bank I'm gonna start asking for any loose big dollars just to pay people with for a reaction :D

Actually people do that with mortgage payments... Im pretty sure maverick does, and ive heard others talk about it before too... Why not? Its an easy dump. Im sure they want their payment.

I made the mistake of paying with half dollars at a drive through when I was in a hurry to get back to work. The cashier was hypnotized by them, staring at the stack of clad in her hand as if I had paid her with a bit of moss and a rodent's skull. She said, "Wait" and closed the window and walked out of view. Another worker appeared and didn't have the slightest idea. I'm trying to yell through the window to help them out but they can't hear me. I was looking at my watch getting stressed. Finally a manager appeared and seem to explain the situation.
Man, I should have paid that one with a 10 dollar bill. Had to disregard several traffic laws to make it back to work on time...

metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Cools hrnewsome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back