goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't even THINK of touching this book if ya want to live!!!!

1110151818.jpg

Covers 8 townships including maps, reports and everything needed to have MyLandMatter in a non internet environment.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL... Yours may be prettier, but MINE is worth its weight in gold! I've got a lot of hours worth of research stashed in it as well as a few special little tidbits handed down to me from none other than Clay Diggens himself. If I had been doing this project for someone else I'd have made enough to buy me a trommel. Needless to say I don't work cheap!

Got out to the MPA "28" claims today and brought a 12pack of buckets home. Also stopped at Home Despot and picked up a 1/4" and a 1/2" cold rolled steel rod to make up rods for my tumbler. I didn't have time to fire up the sluice so I started cutting the rods down to the needed length to fit inside the tumbler. Soon as the sun set I didn't have enough light to see my cutting marks so that little project will be finished up tomorrow. The ones I did cut have had their edges rounded off so they don't mess up my tumbling barrels and between the two lengths I should have enough to do rods for both of the barrels. If this little project works out well, I just might have to "Super Size" it in the near future. A tumbler that can handle a half buckets worth of black sands at a time would be real nice!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't even THINK of touching this book if ya want to live!!!!

View attachment 1234318

Covers 8 townships including maps, reports and everything needed to have MyLandMatter in a non internet environment.

My question is...why don't you just SAY that on the cover? "Don't even THINK of touching this book if ya want to live!!!!"

Throw on a hasp and a padlock...now you're talking!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Staples don't sell them in that size with a hasp and padlock option! I was shocked at how much a simple binder costs now days! I pity those that still have school age kids they have to outfit for class. That alone would keep a family broke.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks School. It's still a work in progress as I rearrange things to get better work flow, tools access etc. Eventually I'll have a crushed rock floor in there held in place by a 2X8 frame system and an overhead frame to support shade cloth, a mist system and lights for working at night in the summer. There will also be another 10X12 ft shed built next to it to act as my shop building. We've only been in this place for about 4 months now and there's been a lot of projects that have slowed progress down.

The shelves with the drop down work surface came off of my mining trailer. I'm gong to be rebuilding the trailer to include solar and the existing shelves have taken quite a beating this last season. I'm going to rebuild them as well only this time they'll actually be made for the application. The other set will go on the other side of the main shed to give Jan a potting area for her plants and such. Still to come will be water and electric down to the area and getting the driveway finished so I can pull right up to the area for loading and unloading. LOL When it's finished it will be like a drive thru for gold processing.

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your up bright and early. Run any dirt this week? Crushed rock floor...I LIKE it! Since most all of the holes in my driveway have been filled, I think the -1/2" now will go directly around the high banker (for wet feet reduction). Yeah. Thanks!

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Man... I've been up since 6 a.m.! I kind of died early last night and as a result I was up early this morning.

That's the idea. Water will drain through the rock and I'm not going to be standing in mud while I'm working. The 2x8 frame will hold everything in place. I'll use treated wood of course since it will be in direct contact with the ground. I'll sink treated 4X4s in the corners to secure the ends and use steel cement form stakes to hold it along the length so I can prevent it bowing over time. The 4X4s will be tall enough to support the overhead shade cloth and mist system.

Speaking of working, I'm not today. The wind is back up to the point that it would blow the water right out of the sluice! We went out a couple of days ago and got a 12 pack of buckets at the MPA #28 claim. Got a couple of them run yesterday and didn't find much in them. I'm using the left overs to run some tests on the new and improved rod mill setup. Unless this wind calms down a bit I can't even pan.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...When it's finished it will be like a drive thru for gold processing.
I'll take two buckets of pay dirt, a pound of concentrates, a large fries and a beer please! Do you take payments in gold dust?

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take two buckets of pay dirt, a pound of concentrates, a large fries and a beer please! Do you take payments in gold dust?

5,386.5 comedians out of work and Kevin is putting in an application. Well I guess he's got to do something when he retires! :laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Order of plus 50 pay dirt to go please. Only $5 bucks more to supersize? Sure! I like!

Well due to overwhelming demand, I'm sorry to say that we will now have to be a B.Y.O.B. drive thru. (Bring your own buckets.) Supersizing an order requires a dump truck.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well due to overwhelming demand, I'm sorry to say that we will now have to be a B.Y.O.B. drive thru. (Bring your own buckets.) Supersizing an order requires a dump truck.

I have *lots* of buckets!

...it's like at Starbucks, best to bring your own cup ;-)

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Going to try to get the rest of the materials we brought back from our last trip out run today. Sometime next week I'll be going over to the County Recorders Office and finishing up going through the records on some areas that I want to prospect and make sure that they are actually open. Once I have that information it's going to be full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes! I've got the laptop loaded up with all the maps, the mining book loaded up with the info from MyLandMatters, a pile of buckets in the back of the truck with my classifiers and digging gear.

Jan will be starting her work at the V.A. to finish up her masters degree so I'll be going out solo. I so need some solitude time with me, my trusty compass and a whole lot of open space.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Round and round we go!!!

I just got back from a visit to the county recorders office and am now wanting to go to the office of my "favorite" mining company in Connecticut and apply my boot to the proper portion of their body! I've learned that what they have filed at the County is nowhere near to matching what the LR2000 shows. While the LR2000 show their claims in one section of a particular township and range, the county records show it in yet another. After looking up the info at the recorders office, I checked the land usage maps on Clays' site and according to it, these claims are filed in the middle of a housing development! HUH???? :dontknow:

This guy that is doing all these claims really REALLY needs to take a class on how to read a frickin map or something. I've NEVER seen such a convoluted mess of tangled paperwork in my life! The deeper I dig into this the more I am convinced that this guy is either a total moron and has no idea on ow to file a claim OR he's been running some kind of mining scam and has been from the start.

On the good side of this mornings adventure into the bizarre world that this mining company has created, I managed to score some brownie points with the ladies at the Mohave County Recorders office. VERY sweet ladies there that are helpful and a real pleasure to work with. I will be setting up a subscription account with them so I will be able to access all the mining records from here at the house.

I'm so frustrated on THIS part of doing my due diligence that I'm almost ready to say the heck with it and concentrate on other areas even if they're further form the house.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now on a Mission...

Well I've been delving deeper and deeper into the claims activities of Bullhead Mining and the deeper I dig, the more light is being shed on the situation with these people. I've now download and printed out every file that the BLM has for their claims in the Bullhead City area. Do they have other claims? :dontknow: I don't know yet but will find out next Tuesday when I head over to the Mohave County Recorders office and compare what I've got in my hands right now to exactly what the county records show.

What I've found so far and why it's making me raise my eyebrows more than a little...

1. Each and every claim was located on the exact same date of 09/01/1998 Filings listed eight individuals and 160 acres for each claim.

2. On 05/06/1999 seven of the eight individuals filed quit claim deeds relinquishing interest in every one of the claims.

3. On 11/05/2013 a transfer of interest was filed changing ownership of the claims form Bullhead Mining LLC to Bullhead Mining INC No list of members has been found but it was incorporated through an attorney located in Kingman but the company is actually located in Connecticut.

4. A decision against them was issued on 07/21/2015 stating that the claims needed to be reduced in size from 160 acres down to 20 acres for each claim. It only took the BLM 16 years to come to this decision!!!!

5. On 08/19/2015 BLM shows an amended location was filed for all the claims in question. HOWEVER... There are no records of these amendments on file with Mohave County. On the last entry that the clerk could find for anything having to do with Bullhead mining was the one I mentioned in my last post changing the section of the township that the supposed claim was located in.

Everything I've been able to uncover on this company tells me that either someone in charge of Bullhead Mining knows NOTHING about mining or... Someone is defrauding investors or the American mining community by attempting to lock up lands to prevent honest miners from being able to file on them and work these lands. Could I be mistaken? Yes, I could be, but I know when there's something rotten in the area due to the smell and this situation stinks to high heaven! So yes... I'm on a mission now to find out exactly what is going on as well as the reasoning behind all this B.S. (not of the black sand type) These are some prime areas with some excellent placer deposits. I'm bound and determined to claim our portion of them and I just might pass the information along to some of my fellow miners so they can get in on the action as well. After all, if all of Bullhead Minings claims are invalid, then we have the right to file on them, work them and profit from our labors. Should this all prove to be correct, then I will post the townships and ranges of these areas but only after I've filed on the section of my choice. I guy has to look out for himself after all..... :headbang:

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So the question is, are any of their claims valid if they have not filed an amended mining claims location map with the county recorder?
I would think not, since a location map is required. At the very least there should be a new description by aliquot part.

OP
OP
goldenIrishman

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So the question is, are any of their claims valid if they have not filed an amended mining claims location map with the county recorder?
I would think not, since a location map is required. At the very least there should be a new description by aliquot part.

From what I've uncovered SO FAR it doesn't appear that a single one of their claims as listed in the LR2000 are valid. I can't say for sure one way or another until I hit the county recorders office on Tuesday and go through each and every one. Tues and Wed are my days over there as the better half is busy working at the V.A.

This little mystery has already shown me how important it is to make sure you follow the rules in this game of hide and seek we play with Mother Nature. Having help from Clay Diggens on this has been worth more than I can say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread