locklear24
Tenderfoot
As the title says, I'm a first-timer to all of this. I've done some initial research and gotten some friendly answers on Reddit as well.
There is a lapsed/inactive claim listed on The Diggings site for a plot in the Superstition Wilderness Area. I've spoken to the BLM Arizona State Office, and the employee assured me that I would need to prospect it and start the paperwork to file all over again on it. When I pointed out that it's in a Wilderness Area the Forestry Service is in charge of, he told me I should next proceed with contacting them for my next step to see if an inactive claim can be revitalized in the Wilderness Area.
Now being that this is indeed my first time pursuing anything of this nature, I also have the option of talking to a local hobbyist prospector here in Ohio that speculates and sells claims he already finds and registers.
The question: should I go through the hassle of trying to reactivate that old claim that I may or may not be allowed to start up again, or should I buy one readily registered for my first time out? Either way, my preference are sites in Arizona so I can get out of Ohio in the winter months and have the opportunity to camp and enjoy the beauty of the desert.
I look forward to all of your collective wisdom. I'm 40, and I realize that's not old to a lot of the users on forums like these. I'm not a spring chicken anymore though either.
Thanks!
There is a lapsed/inactive claim listed on The Diggings site for a plot in the Superstition Wilderness Area. I've spoken to the BLM Arizona State Office, and the employee assured me that I would need to prospect it and start the paperwork to file all over again on it. When I pointed out that it's in a Wilderness Area the Forestry Service is in charge of, he told me I should next proceed with contacting them for my next step to see if an inactive claim can be revitalized in the Wilderness Area.
Now being that this is indeed my first time pursuing anything of this nature, I also have the option of talking to a local hobbyist prospector here in Ohio that speculates and sells claims he already finds and registers.
The question: should I go through the hassle of trying to reactivate that old claim that I may or may not be allowed to start up again, or should I buy one readily registered for my first time out? Either way, my preference are sites in Arizona so I can get out of Ohio in the winter months and have the opportunity to camp and enjoy the beauty of the desert.
I look forward to all of your collective wisdom. I'm 40, and I realize that's not old to a lot of the users on forums like these. I'm not a spring chicken anymore though either.
Thanks!
Upvote
1








