DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go get batteries for the detector so I went to Menard's they had $2.00 off on 8 pk . Got 3 -8pk's for $5.97.
Then headed to Home Depot cause I got a gift card in the mail and the card could be worth $ 1.00 to $ 1000.00
( it was $1.00 ).
Across the street from Home Depot there was an old house going to be torn down.
I had my detector with me ( Thank You God ) and brand new batteries but it was RAINING a long steady drizzle.
What do I do ? I'm not missing this opportunity so I covered the detector in plastic bags and said "let's go for it".
Good jeans on and all needless to say they got pretty muddy.
Well hears what I dug up..... in an hour and 15 min.

3 silver coins and other stuff ( SLQ makes it my 93rd silver coin this summer )

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 9-10-06 Mt Prospect Old House.jpg
    9-10-06 Mt Prospect Old House.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 622
  • mt prospect.jpg
    mt prospect.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 634
Upvote 0
:) :)

Attachments

• mt prospect3.jpg
    mt prospect3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 643
  • mt prospect4.jpg
    mt prospect4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 626
:) :) :)

Attachments

• mt prospect5.jpg
    mt prospect5.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 618
Nice finds and smart place to stop. No idea what it is, but I love the look of the little rifle - can you get a close up of it?

Cubfan64 said:
Nice finds and smart place to stop. No idea what it is, but I love the look of the little rifle - can you get a close up of it?
Heres the best I can do.

Attachments

• 9-10-06 Rifle toy.jpg
    9-10-06 Rifle toy.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 609
DesPlaines_IL_Bob said:
Cubfan64 said:
Heres the best I can do.

That is one of the more unique things I've seen find and it looks like it's in excellent condition - any idea what it was for?

Cubfan64 said:
DesPlaines_IL_Bob said:
Cubfan64 said:
Heres the best I can do.

That is one of the more unique things I've seen find and it looks like it's in excellent condition - any idea what it was for?
No idea . No markings on it. I have found others like it but not as long as this one. I've found a few small hand gun type.
I'll just add it to the pile.

Great finds, but that rifle is unique ::) maybe a game piece ?

God bless
Peter

LOL i do the same thing with the bag when it rains.
nice finds you better bet it was worth it you gonna go back to that spot?

whitesid said:
LOL i do the same thing with the bag when it rains.
nice finds you better bet it was worth it you gonna go back to that spot?
I may check it out if I get back up that way. I had my fun. Most of it was filled in at one time cause
I got the coins in the sideyardabout 40-50 ft from the house. Maybe I might get lucky if
I catch it when they scrape it....

i have a pile of bags in my car just for when it rains
ALWAYS WERE A RAIN COAT!! :D
by the way bob you suck :-\

You did good!
Its funny how you can search for these places all day (when you're dressed to go detecting) and never find them, but as soon as you get dressed up or have to be somewhere else, these places seem to come along.
Way to go for seizing the moment.

Just last week I drove by our county fairground and noticed that they dug out a very large section of dirt about 8" deep. Of course, I was tending to some personal business and couldn't stop. (I even had the detector in the car.) As I was going by I thought to myself "Man, I'll have to hit that tomorrow"... Too late! They already filled in the hole with gravel to make way for a new parking area. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back