Made a simple test with my Deus 2

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 1x12 pine board 7 feet long. at one end of the board I measured back 48 inches. From zero inches i started measuring out to the end every inch i used a square to draw lines every inch to the end.0 to 48 inches. Then i would set a detector at the un measured end and the coil would be at zero inches. I would then use my square to make sure the coil would be at 90 degrees from the board.

First test i made was which program to use I took a silver dime and checked all the stock programs. and decided i could get the best results with the X W program.

I have all three coils to test the coins i used were a Barber Dime, A 1951 Quarter a 1950 Half and a 1921 Silver dollar The coils i used were a 9 inch, 11 inch and a 13x11 inch

Now keep in mind this was just an Air test I wanted to see the results of the coils

9" 11" 13"

.10 CENTS .........,, 6" 8" 8"to 9" Distance from Coil

.25 Cents ............ 7 " 9" 10" Distance from Coil

.50 Cents ............ 10" 10" 11" Distance from Coil

1.00 Dollar ........... 10" 10" 12" Distance from Coil

Board.jpg

Last edited:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice test. It looks like the difference on large targets isn't that dramatic between the coil sizes. For the smaller targets, the distance is pretty close to the difference in coil size. (So if the 13" coil is 40% larger than the 9", you get 40% more depth on the small targets. It's not exact, but close enough to see the correlation.)

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct Robert. It is nothing set in stone but it does answer some of my questions. i just wanted to be able to run the same tests on the coins

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks E-Trac

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread