Made a small recirculating miller table

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
So lately I been wanting some kind of cleanup machine to pickup the small gold I know I been missing with panning when doing my cleanups at home. I was looking through a bunch of designs on here and on the internet and I figured I would try a recirculating slate miller table because it seemed really easy and cost effective (ie cheap to build!). Plus its very portable if I want to set it up somewhere outdoors, its runs off any 12 battery.

I got the 800 pump from wal mart, its one of those cartridge deals, it was around 25 dollars (Thanks SCBuzz for the idea). The tubing came from lowes for a couple bucks. I used pvc pipe with a manual valve to adjust the water flow and that was like 6 dollars for tubing + valve. The wood was some scrap I had laying around the house. The slate board for the base came from hobby lobby. I think it was 4 dollars.

I built it yesterday and then today tried it out on 2 pans worth of cons from Friday's gold. Stuff I had already panned really carefully and got out all the visible gold that I seen.

Here is some pics of it. Its nothing super fancy to look at, but boy does it work. It caught gold so fine you cant see it in the picture, and it got more then I thought it would for just 2 pans worth of already panned cons. I have so many cons still to go through that its gonna take me awhile, but at least it gives me something to do when I cant get out in the field.

I have it setup next to my mustang to use the car battery for a test, till I get a small boat battery to use instead. I also installed a 5 amp fuse just in case.

Here's the cleanup, there's some specs in there so small you cant see them in the picture!

Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
500 gallon gph pump is more than enough. Just get a Atwood pump from Walmart, $20.00 and it will last you a lifetime. Atwood pumps are quality. Stay away from Harbor Freight pumps. Use a battery car charger to power the pump while at home. If you ever do take it into the field over a long weekend then it's portable.

Last edited:

Pirate Vern

Greenie
Apr 29, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
500 gallon gph pump is more than enough. Just get a Atwood pump from Walmart, $20.00 and it will last you a lifetime. Atwood pumps are quality. Stay away from Harbor Freight pumps. Use a battery car charger to power the pump while at home. If you ever do take it into the field over a long weekend then it's portable.

Viper your the Man! Will be all over craigslist for a car battery charger... Thanks to all for the great info.. Thinking I will have this baby up and running within the next 3 weeks :)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the picture!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions