Man, I've avoided putting my two cents worth in here for as long as I can stand...........
I can probably cite a hundred reasons to AVOID buying M.I.C., but nobody here needs me to convince them.
Bottom line: the ONLY thing MIC is good for is the quarterly earnings statements for shareholders of the companies that have their stuff manufactured over there. The Chinese manufacturers are violating EVERY form of protection we worked so long and hard to get for ourselves (worker, environmental, and consumer). Those violations, plus govt subsidies give them the "advantage" over manufacturers here when it comes to profitability. We need to stop rewarding the Chinese manufacturers and Wall Street by demanding Made In Usa products (or, at least Made in _________ - anyplace with standards comparable to ours), and making it clear to business owners that we are taking our business elsewhere.
Bottom line, most everything you want to buy CAN still be found with a Made In USA tag on it - you might just have to search a bit. There are a number of websites out there that list US manufacturers by product (madeinusa.com for one) or that sell Made In USA products exclusively. In some cases, you WILL pay more for the product, but in many cases they are just as inexpensive as the M.I.C. garbage.
Diggem'