dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Grizzly, I don't think China cares what labelled gets affixed to there products as they don't play fair and they know we can't build products here because of all the regulations. And so they know we will buy there products no matter what.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Grizzly, I don't think China cares what labelled gets affixed to there products as they don't play fair and they know we can't build products here because of all the regulations. And so they know we will buy there products no matter what.

diesel, I don't buy stuff from the store that says M.I.C. I like yard sales,buy used stuff made in U.S.A. and FIX it,I'm from the old school!!! Not much I can't fix. PS I read somewhere that China mixes there industrial wastes into there products they sell to us.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
diesel, I don't buy stuff from the store that says M.I.C. I like yard sales,buy used stuff made in U.S.A. and FIX it,I'm from the old school!!! Not much I can't fix. PS I read somewhere that China mixes there industrial wastes into there products they sell to us.

I'm with you on that however most people aren't. I like to buy quality so I only buy it once.

OP
OP
GrizLeeBear

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I agree with you that China cheats on most everything. However, I know many, including me, who will not buy M.I.C. items. I am not as sensitive about M.I.H.K. or Taiwan. We all know Walmart is big on M.I.C. items. I shop there when I have to, but avoid M.I.C. I am only saying it is possible if enough people boycott M.I.C. they would feel the hit in sales and maybe they thought this could have some effect on their exports to the U.S. I know that ten years ago I seldom if ever saw H.K. and now I see it a lot.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Technically, HK is no longer a country, but a part of China so I would surmise that things marked made in HK were made before the shift. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Brits turned her back over to China, the Chinese decided not to bring it back in as a communistic type of government hidden in secrecy like old China, they kept her a capitalistic form of economy for the sake of money. Good choice! :)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When the Brits turned her back over to China, the Chinese decided not to bring it back in as a communistic type of government hidden in secrecy like old China, they kept her a capitalistic form of economy for the sake of money. Good choice! :)

What year was that?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker said:

And anyone from HL with bucks got the hell out of there and many ended up in Vancouver.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Don't know the name of the vessel.....but understand that Walmart has a vessel either owned or leased....dedicated strictly
to the products they import from China....something like 15,000 teu's per trip(twenty foot equivalent containers in layman's terms)....

The containers either return empty or with scrap material, paper, rubber tires, etc....for processing for the next load of exports...unless you've got pretty deep pockets pretty hard to find many consumer goods not made there these days.....even some companies do work arounds....say bicycles.....all the components are produced in China and just assembled in Canada, US or where ever so the can slap on a local sticker.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread