What's new

Made it back to the creek - first of the year

americanartifacts33

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2020.01.26 - pic1.webp2020.01.26 - pic2.webp2020.01.26 - pic3.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds the square blade is killer , on the point is the one ear broken off or does it look like it never had one ? Maybe a Pipe Creek if that’s the case
 
Nice finds the square blade is killer , on the point is the one ear broken off or does it look like it never had one ? Maybe a Pipe Creek if that’s the case

Thanks arrow! I am pretty sure the ear is broken off, its pretty tumbled, but it still will be making my case :)
 
2020.01.26 - square artifact.webp

Heres another picture of the square blade
 
Good to see I’m not the only one that stares at my recent finds while driving [emoji51]
Also I wonder if that could have been a chisel
 
Ha ha yea its tough for me to put them down when I first find them, I am always amazed by them each one is unique.
 
You know, the more I look at it, that square piece may have been hafted--in the region where I put the arrows.

sq.webp
 
Those are so cool Ive looked for years still havent found 1 Well done that square one is freakin nice. Tommy
 
That was my first thought when I saw it ... that’s why I suggested possibly a chisel

You guys may be right. Could be like an Adze or flint celt etc.. The top in this picture could actually be the bit etc.. I am not sure.
 
I’m not sure it’s thick or heavy enough to be an Adze. Can you show a profile and a head on shot of the bit? Either it’s a nice piece. Congrats.
 
I’m not sure it’s thick or heavy enough to be an Adze. Can you show a profile and a head on shot of the bit? Either it’s a nice piece. Congrats.

I will send a picture of that tonight.
 
Based on those photo’s i’d say it’s surely a knife and not a wood working tool like a Celt or adze. Still a nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom