mcogan / L.I. Mongo Mike Sr. Member Joined Apr 22, 2011 Messages 329 Reaction score 358 Golden Thread 0 Location Long Island, NY Detector(s) used CTX 3030 Excal II Coinmaster Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 14, 2011 #1 I found this ...thing... in a field that has been yielding a few colonial artifacts. It is oval 31 mm x 21mm x 21mm I think made of lead. Weight 1.75 oz. May have been round. Thanks for any ideas. Attachments IMG_3163.webp 73.7 KB · Views: 228
I found this ...thing... in a field that has been yielding a few colonial artifacts. It is oval 31 mm x 21mm x 21mm I think made of lead. Weight 1.75 oz. May have been round. Thanks for any ideas.
aka da Prof Sr. Member Joined Jan 18, 2009 Messages 437 Reaction score 163 Golden Thread 0 Location Finger Lakes, N.Y. Detector(s) used Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 14, 2011 #2 could be a dear slug that went through a target-- Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken Gold Member Joined Jan 4, 2011 Messages 5,221 Reaction score 4,180 Golden Thread 0 Location Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co Detector(s) used several, mostly Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 14, 2011 #3 It doesn't seem to have the white patina I'd expect on lead. If it were a hollowed out musket ball I'd think maybe a nipple protector for a percussion lock musket. Upvote 0
It doesn't seem to have the white patina I'd expect on lead. If it were a hollowed out musket ball I'd think maybe a nipple protector for a percussion lock musket.
mcogan / L.I. Mongo Mike Sr. Member Joined Apr 22, 2011 Messages 329 Reaction score 358 Golden Thread 0 Location Long Island, NY Detector(s) used CTX 3030 Excal II Coinmaster Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 15, 2011 Thread Owner #4 I took a scraping and found it to be harder than a lead sinker is but it is very shiny. Attachments IMG_3174.webp 19.5 KB · Views: 170 Upvote 0