Im new to this hobby only went 1 time but seems like alot of fun,my question is what are some ways to keep my magnet from getting stuck so much is there something i could put it in to help prevent this.Thanks.
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard jp82! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
Cone magnets are less likely to hang up on branches. There are plastic cones available that fit over cup magnets and offer some protection against snags or you can create one from a plastic bottle as the video suggests.
I just checked brute website they only sell them for 2.95 in. magnets mine is like 3.5 in. so im gonna make one from a bottle like in the video but thanks for the info its much appreciated.
The cone needs to be able to slide up the rope when your trip is over. When I get back in I slide the cone up and use hose spray nozzle to clean my magnet and rope. I then dry it and apply liquid car wax to the magnet and polish it down a bit. If you put them up and dont clean them you will find they tend to rust and corrode. The wax keeps it in shape and will also aid in many of the substances that stick to the magnet when in use to just drop off so you spend much less time cleaning b4 u make your next cast.