What's new

Magnet

longsocks

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
254
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of buying either a 450 lb or a 500 lb pull magnet. Would there be a reason to buy the 500 over the 450 , there is a 10 to 20 dollar difference in price depending where its bought from.. i would appreciate any input so thank you in advance...thought i would give this a try inbetween detecting..
 
I personally like the 350 to 400 myself. The stronger magnets may pull a bit further but they can get stuck on flat metal and it is very difficult to get them loose without tools.
 
I've yet to do magnet fishing. I've certainly watched a lot of threads about this sport, curious. In my elderly puny state I'd have to carry a sharp knife to cut the rope and leave the magnet there.
 
What bowinkles said. 500lb is overkill.
 
good input i thank you very much for that ... i will go for a lower magnet power
 
Last edited:
good imput i thank you very much for that ... i will go for a lower magnet power

They are cheaper and when they pinch you it is not normally to bad. When you are holding the magnet do not move to close to things that it may pull into the magnet. Like a loose pair of scissors that someone like me used to cut rope.:laughing7: Find a plastic jar lid about the size of ur magnet and tape a large washer to the outside and put it over the face of ur magnet and that will help protect it from grabbing things.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom