Mail Order Prospecting

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Has anyone ever bought a sack of Felix Paydirt's Gourmet Gold? A friend of mine bought a sack and there was more gold in it than i thought there would be. Quite a few flakes and a nice little picker. More gold than i ever found at one time, so-far. lol. I haven't decided to buy one yet, because i think it kind of takes the fun out of being outdoors and having to actually work for it. But, if you have the money, and want to show off a little color to your friends then it's not a bad deal, especially if you get a sack with a 1 oz. nugget in it. 8)

Just trying to get the prospecting forum going, it kind of went stagnant. :cry: -Robert-

Upvote 0
I bought one when I got the gold fever and had fun panning it. It keeps you from getting rusty from not going digging. Check out the picker I got out of a bag of his dirt. I have no affiliation with this guy whatsoever, but if he keeps on putting klunkers in his bags like this one, I'll certainly buy another one day. D

Yea' We didn't get a bag but sent for his samples! My wife and son got some nice little peices out of it. Pritty strange dirt tho..... Not what I'm use to at all. didn't seen to have much black sand in it. No snow flakes either!

Looks just about like mine. It would be interesting to see what your weight of gold was compared to mine. Maybe he is weighing out the dirt and just throwing in a certain amount of gold plus a nice picker to get us excited for more! In anycase it worked. I think I got my $ worth.

i got a bag of gravel with one small picker in it - nothing like what you people are showing - i guess he didn't like my name.

What you guys are showing is exactly what my friend got out of his bag. I have to agree with Zero Gulf about the suspiciously measured amounts of gold. I guess they would have to add something so people wouldn't get pissed if they didn't find anything. Still a nice way to practice your panning. 8) -Robert-

It appears that Felix is more generous than the old panning display that used to be at Brittania Beach up here in BC. I stopped just out of curiosity and was allowed to "have a look see " at one of their samples. It was straight sand and smelled of salt(the panning display was just across the highway from the Ocean). I walked back to my truck,got my panning pack and went back to the girl manning the sales booth. After buying a bag of their sand I dumped it into one of my pans through a flour screen,shook it out into the pan,picked the chip of gold out of the screen,dumped the sand back into the bag and gave the bag of sand back to the somewhat stunned girl. This took about 2 minutes. I asked if there was a refund on the unused returned sand but just being a hired flunky and still a bit off balance she didn't know what to say. Well I had fun with it! LOL Fred

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back