What's new

Maine adze

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little digging today found this rough adze...middle to late archaic...not as well made or of the usual material that I usually find..mjm IMAG0228.webp
 
Upvote 0
I really like seeing your hard stone pieces so how bout a few more pics?
 
Did a little digging today found this rough adze...middle to late archaic...not as well made or of the usual material that I usually find..mjmView attachment 1283885

If you are getting the summer effect we are getting already I bet you are out digging up some more goodies
 
Find a lot of them here in Vt. that look exactly like that one. Have never found a smooth quality hard stone one , not even a piece. I know people that have but not me. The one like your find really shows their age and are a undisputable authentic find. Nice tool!
 
Yes undertaker this type is definitely a smaller rougher model.I'm not sure it was even finished.The bit end doesn't seem to be thinned out all the way and the flip side doesn't appear to have been rounded...I have probably 25 hardstone tools.They range from fine to rough..but no doubts to their authenticity mostly mid to late archaic with the oldest being in the 6,000 year old range...have you found any gouges or anything made from slate....mjm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom