What's new

maine hardstone

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the majority of my hard stone. I was fortunate enough to add five whole gouges and at least one broke.Also a couple adzes...mjm IMG_20150128_101922_106.webp
 
Upvote 0
Talk about laying out a full spread on the table, that's a beautiful rock buffet ya got there! The definition on some of those gouges is outstanding. Pretty sweet centerpiece too ( flaked adze?),love to see a close up of it. Thanks for the show!
 
there must of been a na harbor where you live at :thumbsup:
 
Good eye Mark! That is my only example of a flaked then ground stone tool.It is made of munsungan chert which is present at this site but not the norm.....mjm
 
mjm, I think you've single handidly enhanced Maine's reputation as "a place apart" where artifacts are concerned.
 
Amazing collection, thanks for the look!
 
Wow! I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom