What's new

Maintenance for older at pro’s.

That reminds me. A friend of mine has an older AT Pro and he showed me Saturday that his has developed a sort of rainbow effect on the display. You know how oil and water will mix sometimes to make a multi-colored slick? That's kind of what this looked like. Any ideas of the cause. It's out of warranty, but I figure sending it to Garrett is his only alternative. Thanks for the help!
 
After some more research i found out it is screen separation between the actual screen and the overlay. While I was trying to clean mine off I noticed it moved when I rubbed it. I am getting a new overlay and replace it.
 
[quote After some more research i found out it is screen separation between the actual screen and the overlay. While I was trying to clean mine off I noticed it moved when I rubbed it. I am getting a new overlay and replace it. ] quote

I have the same thing happen to my AT-Pro, thinking of sending back to Garrett before the warranty runs out.
 
Last edited:
It happens to all AT pros. It does not affect the inside of the electronics. What happens is slight moisture/humidity builds up between the decal and the face plate over time. No water can get into the water proof housing. It’s just annoying for some people but doesn’t bother me. Mine started out small and it’s a bit wider of a bubble. It’s been like that for 6 yrs and the detector still works flawlessly. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516652070.009656.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516652083.474930.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516652139.693615.webp
 
...if you send it in, all Garrett will do is remove the decal cover and put a new one on and then after a short time it will do the same thing. It doesn’t harm the detector so why waist the time or $$$ sending back. You can purchase a new face decal and do it yourself as seen in the photo but again, unless it’s really bad, why bother.
 
...if you send it in, all Garrett will do is remove the decal cover and put a new one on and then after a short time it will do the same thing. It doesn’t harm the detector so why waist the time or $$$ sending back. You can purchase a new face decal and do it yourself as seen in the photo but again, unless it’s really bad, why bother.

Thanks! That's good information to have was curious if it would effect the waterproofness of the unit. My came up late last year, now that I have my Max not using the Pro that much, just one of those annoying things.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom