What's new

MAJOR Half-Dollar Find Today

cuttybce

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
I was feeling a little in the dumps today after going through $900 in machine-wrapped half rolls and finding absolutely nothing. So I went to a bank in a small town on my way home from work.

They had $100 in half-dollar customer rolls. The tellers were happy that I wanted them because they had been there for a while and I was taking them off their hands (and, in their words, they were tired of counting them at the end of each day).

So what did I take off their hands?

9 1964 Kennedy 90%

8 Franklin

1 Walker from 1946 (my first!)

35 1965-1969 Kennedy 40%'s

I'm still in shock from this....the moral of the story is to ALWAYS keep looking. It really is all about volume....the more you look, the more you find!

Pics coming later
 
Upvote 0
I think it is more like being at the right place at the right time. 1 roll 1 box can be the next big hit. You can go through 100 boxes and find next to nothing and then the next box, SILVER!
 
sweet! every one remembers their first walker :-) i always keep a few hundie $ on hand and stop in to just about every bank when i have time. never know what you will find - those big scores are a HUGE rush!
 
My opinion is that you simply persevere ! It doesn't necessarily have to do with volume , but
it certainly has everything to do with never stopping - continuing to hunt - that is the key !
Argentium.
 
Wow, that is what we strive for! What a super find! :hello2:
 
Congrads! Yes, I remember my first walker (and only one!). May the silver goddess continue to rain silver your way.

apush :read2:
 
This has been a awesome month for me also, keep adding to the retirement kitty lol. One more and I have a full roll of walkers for the year and tomorrow I pick up my box thats been waiting on me . After a couple weeks what id call slow its really picking up now .. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom