relic nut
Silver Member
Making memory's!!!!
This is proof that good stuff is still there. I am tore up!!!!! Found my first (and probably only Cannonball today) Hunted a place today that I know has been pounded by the veterans of this hobby. (It is private land) We have been there once before and only found a little bit of lead. Today started out the same with a few bucky balls and one fired round ball. Then I found a flat button and a small eagle button. It is a cuff button with an eagle holding a anchor. I think this is a Union naval button, but can't explain what it is doing in a Confederate defensive position. This site has visible breast works and two Cannon in placements. I was hunting one of the breast works when I got a good, deep signal. After about 10" I new it was big,deep iron. At 18 + inches out popped this Cannonball. I'm getting the shakes just telling you about it. There are a lot of you who know how it feels. Its incredible!!!!! It weighs about 2 lbs and measures about 3 1/2 inches across. The fuse is gone. I would love to know what I have, Union/Confederate and what you can tell me about it. Sorry for rambling but I am beside myself. Picture heavy. Thanks, one happy Nut!!
This is proof that good stuff is still there. I am tore up!!!!! Found my first (and probably only Cannonball today) Hunted a place today that I know has been pounded by the veterans of this hobby. (It is private land) We have been there once before and only found a little bit of lead. Today started out the same with a few bucky balls and one fired round ball. Then I found a flat button and a small eagle button. It is a cuff button with an eagle holding a anchor. I think this is a Union naval button, but can't explain what it is doing in a Confederate defensive position. This site has visible breast works and two Cannon in placements. I was hunting one of the breast works when I got a good, deep signal. After about 10" I new it was big,deep iron. At 18 + inches out popped this Cannonball. I'm getting the shakes just telling you about it. There are a lot of you who know how it feels. Its incredible!!!!! It weighs about 2 lbs and measures about 3 1/2 inches across. The fuse is gone. I would love to know what I have, Union/Confederate and what you can tell me about it. Sorry for rambling but I am beside myself. Picture heavy. Thanks, one happy Nut!!
Attachments
-
1445207456605.webp23.3 KB · Views: 164 -
1445207471145.webp35.7 KB · Views: 149 -
1445207489886.webp27.1 KB · Views: 155 -
1445207505484.webp24.5 KB · Views: 155 -
1445207521888.webp64.1 KB · Views: 144 -
1445207545685.webp107.8 KB · Views: 155 -
1445207575914.webp181.2 KB · Views: 152 -
1445207591825.webp11.1 KB · Views: 155
Upvote
40







