Making Paper Bricks for Fire Logs

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Moving into my farm now, cutting one heck of a lot of firewood - I also have over 35 years worth of papers, receipts, and all kinds of paperwork which I would otherwise put in the land fill. I'd remembered seeing a video quite a while back about making paper bricks for burning. So, I looked back for videos about this subject....

Note that you don't really need sawdust or anything but paper. Of course you can mix in anything which will burn, but not plastics....

As for the actual presses required, you don't have to purchase anything, just make it out of whatever including just tin cans, etc....

Hundreds of Youtube videos devoted to all kinds of methods :)

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't get them too thick, otherwise they won't dry completely and just rot. Don't mind junk mail so much now.:laughing7:

You've done this? If so, that's pretty cool.....

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried this a while back with newspapers and white paper junkmail. Pressed with a 3" PVC pipe, capped and perforated. Couldn't get anything that would stay lit and didn't smell like a trash fire. I wanted to use them in the fireplace, but they just stank.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried this a while back with newspapers and white paper junkmail. Pressed with a 3" PVC pipe, capped and perforated. Couldn't get anything that would stay lit and didn't smell like a trash fire. I wanted to use them in the fireplace, but they just stank.

Excellent info! Fireplace = OUT!

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife has been doing for awhile know. I'll take some pics of our setup and get them up for you later.

Posted on Nov. 01. So my questions is, how much later? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread