What's new

Makro Racer 2 - Third Time Out

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back over a site that I've hunted before and unearthed a 1940 Mercury Dime using the NEL Snake search coil (3.5" x 6.5"). At the time I was using the deep mode. I got a really good audio response and VDI number on the 5 inch deep dime. I didn't find anymore silver coins but I did manage to find a few wheat pennies and a some clad coins.

Needing some virgin ground I headed off to another site that I got permission to hunt last week, but I was waiting for some rain before detecting. Well it finally rained, but I didn't find anything except some clad coins, a couple of tokens and a 10k gold filled ring.

While I was there I decided the work the curb strip on the lot next door. Right off I got a solid 88 VDI number and popped a 1957 Washington quarter. I decided to head for the house and wait around for the mailman to deliver my Makro 5.5" x 10" search coil. That's the size search coil that I like best.

This was my 76th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 208.

tabman

R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 001.webp R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 004.webp

R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 005.webp R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 007.webp

R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 013.webp R2 2 Silver Coins & Ring 009.webp
 
Upvote 24
Congrats on the silver and keep it coming
 
Congrats on the sweet silver! HH
 
Finding silver beats not finding silver every day!
 
Very Nice..
Does anybody ever give you Crap over hunting those 'Curb Strips'?
 
Congrats on the silver and keep it coming
Thanks! This heat is slowing me down.

Congrats on the sweet silver! HH
Thanks! I always like seeing fresh silver pop out of the ground.

Finding silver beats not finding silver every day!
Thanks! I've been lucky.

Very Nice..
Does anybody ever give you Crap over hunting those 'Curb Strips'?
Thanks! Most of the curb strips that I hunt come from me getting permission to hunt someone's yard. Some of the others are located in front of commercial buildings. The other few curb strips that I hunt are in bad condition and are in areas where most people don't give a flip. Every now and then I will get some crap from someone, but it's extremely rare. Once I get my foot in the door with one permission, I usually get permission from the surrounding homeowners as well. I do a lot of smiling and talking.

tabman
 
Awesome day tabman, you never cease to amaze me. Congrats on another day with silvers. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on your silver finds - 208 silvers man you don't let the grass grow under your feet - anyway thanks for posting & I wish you many more silvers while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Awesome day tabman, you never cease to amaze me. Congrats on another day with silvers. :occasion14:
Thanks! I amaze myself sometimes. LOL

Congrats on your silver finds - 208 silvers man you don't let the grass grow under your feet - anyway thanks for posting & I wish you many more silvers while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
Thanks! Don't expect big numbers of silvers during the Summer months. I really dislike the heat and hard ground. Come on Fall!

tabman
 
You're still killing the silver....you are definitely overdue for a large gold ring...or maybe I missed a recent post. Hopefully TN will get an early reprieve from the heat so you can dig more silver and gold!
 
The silver keeps piling up! Congrats!
 
You're still killing the silver....you are definitely overdue for a large gold ring...or maybe I missed a recent post. Hopefully TN will get an early reprieve from the heat so you can dig more silver and gold!
Thanks! Gold rings have eluded me in recent months. It's about time to pull out a Tesoro.

The silver keeps piling up! Congrats!
Thanks! I've been lucky!

tabman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom