Makro Racer problem

Smederevac

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone
Few days ago i bought brand new makro racer, i used garret euroace before.
Im having few problems and since im new to this hobby i cant really know is it racer's fault or im doing something wrong
I decided to do air test with racer, i was amazed, found silver coin at ~42cm, after that i decided to do ground test, after doing ground balance i tested the first hole, silver coin 20cm deep -no signal, i realised something is wrong, after that i tested on 15cm hole, still nothing...i dont really know whats wrong, and i know that doing ground balance is not rocket science, tried everything, manual gb, tracking, auto gb...
also, i get signals whenever coil cable is moved - Link Removed!
any help/advice would be nice :)) sorry for my bad english and grammar
Cheers:icon_thumright:

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK - IT IS MALWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All detectors with wires make noise if you move the wire .
That is normal.
Just make sure your wire is as Snug as you can and it wont move unless you grab it and wiggle it

That first link you loaded was MALWARE, and has been reported. I see you removed it, but there is NO way I'll click on anything you put up. :skullflag:

Thanks Jeff... :) and how about huge difference between air and ground testing? you think ground balance has to do something with it or what? and after all, could it be detector malfunction? Thanks you so much for helping, cheers

it's a direct you tube link.
would be nice if it opened fully but.
I'm Sure in this case , it's as safe as clicking anything on you tube
and only has to do with Privacy settings.
which probably prevents advertisers from adding to it.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff... :) and how about huge difference between air and ground testing? you think ground balance has to do something with it or what? and after all, could it be detector malfunction? Thanks you so much for helping, cheers

ground balance and ground conditions certainly play a part.
unfortunately I have No experience with the Macro Racer , so I Honestly can't say if it is
Operator or Detector Issues :(

definitely don't trust air tests. lost coins in their natural habitat will signal better and farther away then freshly buried or above ground targets in most cases

Last edited:
Hi mate, i've owned the Euroace, but then moved to the Makro Racer 1 (Red Racer) Then the Makro Racer 2 and have to say they absolutely and completely out-perform the Euroace in every single way possible.

Have you checked the cable for any damage?

Unscrewed the cable from the control box and reseated it?

Because the Racer should blow the Euroace away and trust me, they go VERY deep.

let me know how you getting on and see if I can try to help more.

Matt

Thanks for answering Matt :) today i got mail from makro:
''Hello ,

Please let us know the serial number of the search coil and your address details.

We no longer produce the RC29. Instead, we give the RC29V - the Racer 2 coil.

Don’t worry, if you inform us your address details we are going to send you a new one''
other than that, i have tried every single thing, still racer is doing really really bad, recently i started having saturation 'beep's whenever i increase gain over 75 (even in remote fields with no elect. instalations near)
cant wait for new coil..ill let you know is it doing any better :) cheers!

Makro have SUPERB customer service.

When I had the Makro Racer 1 (red racer) the coil ears broke....I contacted Makro and literally 2 days later, a brand new coil arrived from Turkey to the UK.

Absolutely fantastic company!

Hope you get your new coil soon....Makro will always look after you.

Matt.

Yay, package arrived this morning, brand new coil for racer, i tested it out, works like a charm :-) no more overload, chattering and saturation problems, thank you all for support and huge thanks to Makro :-)
Cheers and happy hunting :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back