Man! so few Civil War related posts .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially in the Deep South's main detecting season (other than water ) .

It really is looking like the Thread I made 3-4 years ago about "The Civil War Relic BOOM TIME IS OVER" has come to pass .

I know many still find 'fine' relics & maybe post on FB or other platforms , BTW I quit FB cause I don;t like their ethics or lack there of , so I miss a-lot of local relics & news.

Oh well it is what it is , Good Luck to everyone out their wokin hard for what they find .

Davers / Davey

Last edited:
Upvote 6

7centsworth

Oct 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
I agree not many people post anymore. I posted some finds on another site and had several hundred views but only a few replies. It makes people not want to post their finds.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Davers, I'm still here but haven't been able to go out since right before Christmas due to a bad back. We were supposed to go out the day after Christmas and at 6:00 am I was getting dressed and leaned over and that was that. Our finds are some few these days but we still plug along when the opportunity presents itself. We hope to get back out soon.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems posting is down in a bunch of threads since the site changed, I don’t know why… from a phone I think it was a big upgrade. Maybe pc is different though

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I don't recover much CW stuff down here when I do go out, my hunting season is set to begin next weekend, hopefully. Deer season ended on the Jan. 9 so our sites should be open until spring planting begins in March,

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just haven't been out much. Hurt my hip a few weeks ago digging through orchard grass, the ground froze and the way this new website is set up...for me not as enjoyable. Sorry. Just an opinion. I have a facebook account but never post anything. privacy and all that.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While I don't recover much CW stuff down here when I do go out, my hunting season is set to begin next weekend, hopefully. Deer season ended on the Jan. 9 so our sites should be open until spring planting begins in March,
Yes sireee Bud! Hey, while I got you here....... "How Bout' Those Dawgs"?

7centsworth

Oct 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
I just haven't been out much. Hurt my hip a few weeks ago digging through orchard grass, the ground froze and the way this new website is set up...for me not as enjoyable. Sorry. Just an opinion. I have a facebook account but never post anything. privacy and all that.
I agree. Another sight I am on a lot changed the forum set up a lot like this forum And I haven’t been on it near as much since. It’s not as enjoyable for me either. But it is easier to upload pictures.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I couldn't make myself watch the game but I was very happy to find out they won. I will watch it on reruns.
That was the best I've seen Georgia play in years. I was glad, but I couldn't believe they didn't choke against Bama. Vince Dooley was at the game too. I'm glad he was able to see his Dawgs clinch another championship.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think in the south it is getting scarce. I see sights all the time being covered up. When I do go out and dig say just one bullet I don't post same as when I just find one arrowhead. I have not had any spectacular hunts I guess.
But... I always go thinking it will be a spectacular hunt! I hunt all winter then I roll into fishing in late January. I am still processing deer I have ageing.
I have to think the new site is better. You can easily posy pictures where as before we had a hundred people a day asking how to do that. You can zoom in on an item and I like that.
Facebook gives away to much info and unless you want to jump through the hoops of Youtube forums are still the best.
This site has a civil war section which is not to be confused with todays finds but often is.
Davers I will try to post more this year and is there not a Cw show in Dalton or somewhere coming up?

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Especially in the Deep South's main detecting season (other than water ) .

It really is looking like the Thread I made 3-4 years ago about "The Civil War Relic BOOM TIME IS OVER" has come to pass .

I know many still find 'fine' relics & maybe post on FB or other platforms , BTW I quit FB cause I don;t like their ethics or lack there of , so I miss a-lot of local relics & news.

Oh well it is what it is , Good Luck to everyone out their wokin hard for what they find .

Davers / Davey
Yeah, I get it.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was the best I've seen Georgia play in years. I was glad, but I couldn't believe they didn't choke against Bama. Vince Dooley was at the game too. I'm glad he was able to see his Dawgs clinch another championship.
yah I'm a Bama fan and it was a weird game.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Davers, I'm still here but haven't been able to go out since right before Christmas due to a bad back. We were supposed to go out the day after Christmas and at 6:00 am I was getting dressed and leaned over and that was that. Our finds are some few these days but we still plug along when the opportunity presents itself. We hope to get back out soon.
Good to hear yr trying to get out at-least , me ? after 2 hours of waiting for my stomach to quit hurting each morning , I usually lose my ' Umph!' to go ride around and seek a place to scout .

Also a few areas close to home have been clear-cut and that kinda depresses me after spending 100 + hours at some of these places ( but I'm also glad I got what relics were there before they were destroyed ).

Oh well that's how 2022 works , & i know If God Wills Ill get back out & make some good finds / even digging clad was fun when I got out 3 times LOL in 2021 .

GL & Good Health

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems posting is down in a bunch of threads since the site changed, I don’t know why… from a phone I think it was a big upgrade. Maybe pc is different though
I did notice the site change , I only use a Lap Top so it's not that bad , + I can assume with the C-19 people don't want to door knock , chat it up with strangers etc . So that may account for less finds ? IDK but things will be fine for those whp put in the work .
GD

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck & I hope you save all the relics you can be it CW or Native American or just interesting antiques .

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes since , you usually found some nice E theatre relics , hope you heal up soon .

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't make myself watch the game but I was very happy to find out they won. I will watch it on reruns.
Same here on watching the game , it's just to stressful esp after the SEC championship ( same old , same old GA team story ) , Maybe The Braves Broke the Curse ?

That said I wonder if Bama had their 2 great receivers if thing would have been different , but DEFENCE was our Strength .

I was 10 -12 when Hershel was running over people & glad I recall that last Championship & Now the 2021-22 Championship , I'm Proud of our DAWGS !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions