OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so here we go again. My payout for yesterday did not take or something. It shows I'm scheduled for another tomorrow so I guess we'll wait and see what happens there. Also, whenever I print a label, PayPal pays for it, which would be fine, but I have no money going in there now, it all goes to that stupid bank account. Any idea how to switch so that the shipping is subtracted from the bank account rather than PayPal? Is that the automatic payment method?

For all of you lucky people that haven't had to sign up for managed payments yet, just hope you don't have to. It's a freaking pain :BangHead:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Okay, so here we go again. My payout for yesterday did not take or something. It shows I'm scheduled for another tomorrow so I guess we'll wait and see what happens there. Also, whenever I print a label, PayPal pays for it, which would be fine, but I have no money going in there now, it all goes to that stupid bank account. Any idea how to switch so that the shipping is subtracted from the bank account rather than PayPal? Is that the automatic payment method?

For all of you lucky people that haven't had to sign up for managed payments yet, just hope you don't have to. It's a freaking pain :BangHead:

I haven't been pushed into it yet & am not looking forward to it. Like most other changes they have implemented over the years it's not something I'd call a benefit. I'll adapt but it will be a pain in the butt.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been pushed into it yet & am not looking forward to it. Like most other changes they have implemented over the years it's not something I'd call a benefit. I'll adapt but it will be a pain in the butt.

Yep, that's where I'm at. I'm sure that I'll eventually figure out how to make shipping labels go to my bank account, but it looks like there will always be a hold on the money, and that it will take 3-4 days to get to my bank account every time like I'm a beginner again. It's just really freaking annoying. They need to change it to where you can make paypal your primary. I also haven't really even had a chance to figure out how fees changed yet, but I know they did.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
They forced me into it this morning when I tried to list something new. Restricted from listing until I signed up for managed payments. A fellow eBayer said the first deposits took a while to get deposited. And no deposits on weekends since most banks are closed. But they have us by the shirt and curlies.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They forced me into it this morning when I tried to list something new. Restricted from listing until I signed up for managed payments. A fellow eBayer said the first deposits took a while to get deposited. And no deposits on weekends since most banks are closed. But they have us by the shirt and curlies.

Yeah there's nothing we can do at this point. Super annoying

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after being in managed payments for a while, I still hate it. One of the main issues though is that you can't send a partial refund to a buyer. I have buyers all the time that discuss combined shipping with me, I tell them to accept offers and wait for an invoice before paying, they pay anyway, and then want a refund on the partial shipping. I could do it without much trouble used to with PayPal, but now, I can't. If the buyers would just do what I tell them, then it wouldn't be an issue, but when does that happen :laughing7:. It's really making me look bad as a seller to say no, I can't give you a partial refund. Any ideas?

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Well, after being in managed payments for a while, I still hate it. One of the main issues though is that you can't send a partial refund to a buyer. I have buyers all the time that discuss combined shipping with me, I tell them to accept offers and wait for an invoice before paying, they pay anyway, and then want a refund on the partial shipping. I could do it without much trouble used to with PayPal, but now, I can't. If the buyers would just do what I tell them, then it wouldn't be an issue, but when does that happen :laughing7:. It's really making me look bad as a seller to say no, I can't give you a partial refund. Any ideas?

Do what I do. Offer free shipping but include shipping into the price of the item. The reasons I do this was to make things easier on the buyer and myself. No more questions regarding combined shipping and buyers seem to prefer knowing how much they'll pay immediately rather than trying to figure out how much $19.97 + $7.75 s/h is.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do what I do. Offer free shipping but include shipping into the price of the item. The reasons I do this was to make things easier on the buyer and myself. No more questions regarding combined shipping and buyers seem to prefer knowing how much they'll pay immediately rather than trying to figure out how much $19.97 + $7.75 s/h is.

I've done that for quite a while on most items, but I'm going to move all of my listings over to it. It's a good idea for sure, especially with the managed payments junk

mattbel66

Apr 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also involved in payment management and also often come across this. Sometimes people just don't listen to me when I tell them to wait a bit. This is incredibly annoying when I have new invoice templates where I clearly wrote everything for customers so that they do not have unnecessary questions. I do not believe that I can be blamed for this, as I always warn customers that I will not be able to make them a refund if they rush to pay for it. It may be easier to include delivery in the product price, but why not save the customer some money and earn some credibility.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about when an unscrupulous buyer files an "item not as described" dispute? I don't want ebay to be able to yank money out of my bank account.

I guess I'll have to get another account just for them.

What a crock of @*$#. I was just getting ready to get back into ebay too. I've taken most of the past 2 years off from it.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about when an unscrupulous buyer files an "item not as described" dispute? I don't want ebay to be able to yank money out of my bank account.

I guess I'll have to get another account just for them.

What a crock of @*$#. I was just getting ready to get back into ebay too. I've taken most of the past 2 years off from it.

Whenever there is a dispute they hold it from your funds that are waiting to go to your bank until it's resolved. I'm sure they could yank it from your bank if they wanted to...

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Managed payments is actually cheaper than the old ebay/paypal combo. Also paypal now keeps fees if you get a return, where as managed payments does not. After 991 positive feedbacks and no negatives, some dipshit negged me, and ranted in the feedback. He had negged me and returned the item in a matter of hours. Then acted like a 2 year old in feedback. I checked his feedback and it looks like this wasn't the first time he returned damaged goods.... Now if I had to lose all my ebay fees on top of that garbage, I would be upset. But yes I would open a second bank account just to do ebay/paypal stuff. Keep in the minimum or close to that. It is possible you sell a big ticket item, then 29 days later someone wants to return the item. It could really mess up your bank account.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed payments is actually cheaper than the old ebay/paypal combo. Also paypal now keeps fees if you get a return, where as managed payments does not. After 991 positive feedbacks and no negatives, some dipshit negged me, and ranted in the feedback. He had negged me and returned the item in a matter of hours. Then acted like a 2 year old in feedback. I checked his feedback and it looks like this wasn't the first time he returned damaged goods.... Now if I had to lose all my ebay fees on top of that garbage, I would be upset. But yes I would open a second bank account just to do ebay/paypal stuff. Keep in the minimum or close to that. It is possible you sell a big ticket item, then 29 days later someone wants to return the item. It could really mess up your bank account.

Interesting on PayPal keeping those fees. That's just not right at all.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Interesting on PayPal keeping those fees. That's just not right at all.

I believe they changed it over a year ago after ebay introduced managed payments. I think it was one last F U to ebay and sellers. I had a lady with no feedback order a very large item and expected me to ship it to Hawaii. I just canceled the order and paypal still kept the fees. I contacted ebay every week trying to get into managed payments just for that fact alone.

When I finally did get accepted, (later as I was not a big seller) it seems most of the complaints and bugs have been ironed out. So far no issues for me but there is some small print stuff about being charged $20 for certain violations.... I can't remember what it was off the top of my head, but it seemed like if a seller was under standard and had issues ebay could fine them.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got moved over to managed payments but have not had a sale under it yet. I have a different gripe with ebay at the moment. Someone was doing a web search for something and came across an ebay listing that I had for such an item back in 2018. He messaged me through the system asking if I still had it (which I did) and offered to buy it. The problem is that ebay does not allow the passing of any contact information through their messaging system so people can't do deals that ebay doesn't get a cut from. What I ended up having to do was to relist the item with a very high BIN so that nobody else bought it and accept his offer for the agreed on price. That wasn't too bad, but he is in Canada and it took a number of tries to get my listing to allow Canadian buyers. Then there is the whole shipping pain.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got moved over to managed payments but have not had a sale under it yet. I have a different gripe with ebay at the moment. Someone was doing a web search for something and came across an ebay listing that I had for such an item back in 2018. He messaged me through the system asking if I still had it (which I did) and offered to buy it. The problem is that ebay does not allow the passing of any contact information through their messaging system so people can't do deals that ebay doesn't get a cut from. What I ended up having to do was to relist the item with a very high BIN so that nobody else bought it and accept his offer for the agreed on price. That wasn't too bad, but he is in Canada and it took a number of tries to get my listing to allow Canadian buyers. Then there is the whole shipping pain.
Oh it's a pain for sure. It's been glitching out on me all the time too lately and I'm back to the new view all the time. I don't know why they can't just leave well enough alone.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh it's a pain for sure. It's been glitching out on me all the time too lately and I'm back to the new view all the time. I don't know why they can't just leave well enough alone.

There is a very simple concept that covers most activities like this: "Follow the money."

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a very simple concept that covers most activities like this: "Follow the money."

And the bad part is they have lost a lot of money through seller hub because of the discontinued/coming soon listing categories, such as Cars and Trucks in EBay motors. It used to cost $50 each listing whether the vehicle sold or not for a seller, and there was plenty of paying it. But now you don't even have the option, so places like Marketplace are taking that over. Yet another stupid move on eBay's part.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Bassmaster,
I have been able to give partial refunds.
Just go to orders, click the arrow next to the item you want to refund and select "Refund Buyers".
Then type in the amount you want to refund.

Your Bud Aurum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread