What's new

Mangled coin or medal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bev
  • Start date Start date
B

Bev

Guest
Here is one that may just remain a mystery!
Freshly dug today, it seems to have the letter "AR" or less likely "AB" and roman numerals on the other side? I found it on the side of a church.

I'm dying to know what it is... or was.
 

Attachments

  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 550
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 560
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 569
is it Lead ?

could it be a Lead Seal
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm looking at a few on line, I've never heard of one before. It would be used for textiles?
 
Upvote 0
Bev said:
I'm looking at a few on line, I've never heard of one before. It would be used for textiles?

Seals were Used on many different things,
From Textiles, To Mail
 
Upvote 0
RAILROAD BOX CAR SEAL MAYBE ? HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE ONES IVE FOUND OVER THE YEARS
 

Attachments

  • BOX CAR SEALS.webp
    BOX CAR SEALS.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom