What's new

Manticore Maiden Voyage Today

billb

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
5,910
Reaction score
14,200
Golden Thread
1
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried out the Manticore today in the water for the first time after the Excal2 was not seeing much for some reason.Being the first trial run I got three silver rings and a silver chain along with some change,etc and no ID’s on the lower chain.i thought perhaps the chain with the name was gold but reads Italy 925..The plus side with the M8 coil the detector is very light and glides easily in the water.
Always Thank You for the privilege of your time
GL/HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1525.webp
    IMG_1525.webp
    987.5 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 22
Congrats on your instant results!👍🏻
Thank You very much and I hope all is well.
I can honestly say the manticore with the M8 coil is fantastic..
I’ll continue to learn the many settings it offers
GL/ HH
 
That's quite the introduction to the new toy. Congrats on the results
Thanks Pepper!!!!
I hope all is well.I took the Excal2 out and realized for some reason it wasn’t working properly not hitting the targets.
I always felt the manticore was too complicated and I started learning it at home and took it out for the first time yesterday not knowing what to expect..
GL/HH
 
What a great first time out with the new Manticore and continued good luck in the future ! :icon_thumleft:
E-Trac-Ohio-Thank You !!!
I turned the detector on and said let’s see how it’s going to work and went into the water ..
My first target was a quarter and told myself to continue.
For me it’s so much better than the Excal2.
Looking forward to seeing your next post.
GL/ HH
 
Nice Hunt! You’ll love the Manticore. I’m a longtime excal user and it has sat idle for the last 3 years. The Manty hits hard on gold rings for sure. Enjoy🏴‍☠️🤙
 
Nice Hunt! You’ll love the Manticore. I’m a longtime excal user and it has sat idle for the last 3 years. The Manty hits hard on gold rings for sure. Enjoy🏴‍☠️🤙
1KBlueTuber Thank You !!!!!!
I was reluctant to change at first but now I realize how many targets the Excal2 went over and didn’t respond..
I’ll have to work on the different settings and I might need some help.Good luck out there!!!
 
I would like to thank CudaMark for his help always !!!!!
 
Thank you, and well done. :icon_thumright:
 
Great finds for the maiden voyage. The M11 in the water is such a workout. The M8 is great in the water. I feel like I can sweep it twice as fast.
 
how deep did you get it ? I have manticore and just couldn't bring myself to take it into the water when in Destin a few months back !
 
Great finds for the maiden voyage. The M11 in the water is such a workout. The M8 is great in the water. I feel like I can sweep it twice as fast.
CD..Thank You!!!!
The M8 glides thru the water so smoothly.
Going from the Excal2 to the Manticore is like night and day
Best of luck my friend..
 
Way to go Bill! That's a heck of a maiden voyage. I'm sure you're going to be posting a lot of nice finds in the near future. Congrats!
 
how deep did you get it ? I have manticore and just couldn't bring myself to take it into the water when in Destin a few months back !
stealthycat.Thanks…
I had it for a long time just resting against a wall in the house.
The Excal2 wasn’t hitting anything and I decided to give it a go.
I had the Manti fully submerged for several hours with no problems.
Best of luck on your next hunt
 
Way to go Bill! That's a heck of a maiden voyage. I'm sure you're going to be posting a lot of nice finds in the near future. Congrats!
Oldmxrat. Thank You !!!!!
the Excal2 was a turn on and go basically and I started learning the Manticore.
When I took it out for the first time in the water I honestly didn’t know what to expect and was surprised what I had found..
I hope someday I will bring home some gold with ice like the beautiful rings you have recovered.
Best of Luck my friend..
 
Oldmxrat. Thank You !!!!!
the Excal2 was a turn on and go basically and I started learning the Manticore.
When I took it out for the first time in the water I honestly didn’t know what to expect and was surprised what I had found..
I hope someday I will bring home some gold with ice like the beautiful rings you have recovered.
Best of Luck my friend..
I'm sure your gold is coming soon my friend!
 
Nice finds Bill, It looks like the Manticore served you well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom