MARBLE COLLECTING

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i have never heard of this section on the forum, and i would like to know a little more about it. most here refer to "digging marbles" etc., and im wondering, how do you do it? do you just take a shovel and start digging any random place and hope you find a marble? that seems nearly impossible to me, so maybe im missing some thing.....thanks for any help/advice in advance...keep it up and hh!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
CHAINCHOMP said:
i have never heard of this section on the forum, and i would like to know a little more about it. most here refer to "digging marbles" etc., and im wondering, how do you do it? do you just take a shovel and start digging any random place and hope you find a marble? that seems nearly impossible to me, so maybe im missing some thing.....thanks for any help/advice in advance...keep it up and hh!
Marbles are found either on the surface of a older house or where a house once stood or dug out of a privy or a old dump...

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
i go to the old factories and dig in their dumps...but then you gotta be around where the old factories were...back in the day marbles were a cheap toy so everybody had em and lots of em were thjrown away or lost....they pop up in lotsa places....around old porches sidewalks foundations.etc.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Trona,Ca dump..

I've dug a thousand or so antique marbles at the old dump just outside of town. Most are from the 1920s/30s. Most are in like new condition. These ended up in the dump from angry mothers. After stepping barefoot on a few marbles on wooden floors,mom told the kid "If I step on one more marble they're going in the trash". That's one major reason why old dumps are full of marbles. A number of the marbles I've excavated are on display in the little Trona Museum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions