Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Cheese! I enjoyed reading your sticky in trying to ID our marbles! I failed at step 1. Maybe a new sticky to explain the types? Google didn't help much. I would appreciate your expertise in IDing our dug marbles. I'm sure the blue are just game marbles. These were dug in an area we have been finding late 1800 early 1900 stuff. I love finding these! Also, I have so many questions. Would the orange one next to the green be a patch or a cat's eye? Would the green be a swirl? And I couldn't find a cut mark, let alone 2 on the green one? Is cut mark always where the pattern changes?The quality of glass on the one next to the blue ones seems better than the others. Much prettier in person. And age? If they made them in 1920 and still making today are they the same basically? And do bubbles in the glass mean they are older or no? After spending hours online looking at marbles, I can't imagine how many years you have done this! Looking forward to expert ID!! The pics show the same order front and back.
Thanks Cheese!!

20210904_111834.jpg
20210904_111810.jpg

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hi Lenrac2,

Those first two marbles are called solids or game marbles, like for chinese checkers.
The third needs more pics but looks like a patch and ribbon type. Possibly a Vitro blackie.
4th is an alley and it's a swirl. Often no seams visible or they are hard to discern on a swirl.
5th and 6th are patch type marbles. See how the color makes a patch instead of a swirl like the previous one? They are Vitro Conquerors.
last one looks like a vitro patch of time some type too.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lenrac2,

Those first two marbles are called solids or game marbles, like for chinese checkers.
The third needs more pics but looks like a patch and ribbon type. Possibly a Vitro blackie.
4th is an alley and it's a swirl. Often no seams visible or they are hard to discern on a swirl.
5th and 6th are patch type marbles. See how the color makes a patch instead of a swirl like the previous one? They are Vitro Conquerors.

Thank you for explaining all that! Have a great day!!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lenrac2,

Thank you for explaining all that Cheese! Have a great day!!

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look great and to dig those up thats exciting for me anyways good going

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021