What's new

Marbles from my 1875 home

Sgtdonovan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found some marbles in my home and I don't know anything about them. I thought I'd post them on here and see if anyone can teach me anything IMG_0447.webpIMG_0447.webp
 
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this is you very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). I am sure a member will pipe in shortly with an answer...
 
Sweet! The three in the lower left corner look like the best. The far left lower corner one is a german handmade latticino but in rough shape. The green one above it, I can't tell if it's a good one or not from this view. The red/white/blue one is probably the best. It is machine made but a good color combo and old, probably 1930ish. It might be an Akro Agate corkscrew, need more views to confirm. The brown glazed ones are old and called benningtons. The blue and clear one is a cateye from the 60s or so and the newest of the bunch by far.
 
Very nice! Cheese, any ideas on the clear blue with a yellow patch to the right of the Akro - I can't place it at all? Also, wonder if the one in the far back is a mineral of some type?
 
I think that one is an akro or master. Need a pic of the other seam to tell for sure, but leaning master.

That green one on the left keeps making me think there is Lutz in it. If so, lotsa $$.
 
I don't see any lutz in that cheese, but if you are right it is big money. I think its vitro and the green above the brown bennington is master. The blue and yellow one I have 4 of those I think and think you are right with akro or master. I have see those sold as akro experimentals.
ksmith
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom