MARK THE SPOT.

diggin bubba

Greenie
May 22, 2010
west virginia
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
OK, being new to this hobby I have been doing a ton of reading on everything from how to pin point all the way to the code of ethics a TH should know. I have picked up on alot of valuable info from this site, I ask questions when needed. I live in WV in an area that has tons of old home sites (usually just foundation blocks in the middle of the woods). I was at a home site with my brother the other day and was getting beeps all over the place. after about the fourth dig in about ten minutes I got to thinking about how I could make this fun for my little helper that was with me. I'm sure most of you have seen the little flags that people use to mark gas lines, invisible fences, water lines and so on. I stopped at the local hardware store and picked some up today so that the next time my little diggin buddy goes with me I can go through and flag the hits I get and let him come in behind me with the shovel and pin pointer to dig it up. :laughing7:

Added bonus is no more scuffed up knees :hello2:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Anytime you can spend quality time with a loved one, especially a child........ You have found the greatest treasure of all!

Great hunting and good luck! Regards, SkyPilot

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
one of the first father kid detecting teams I ever met. Dad had a detector and a quiver of arrows, son followed with a sand screen(on a beach) and the two sisters had a shovel and a bag. dad would detect ,mark with an arrow,and the son would catch up with the screen, one girl would swing the shovel, the other would bag the find and using a broom rake cut to size,would rake the spot and come running to keep up. talk about team hunting. I use wood skewers and my kids are all grown and gone. lonesoome Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions