πŸ₯‡ BANNER Marked belt plate from 1812 and my best Connecticut copper.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had an awesome hunt on Saturday.

After a long wait ,got one of my major bucket listers : An engraved belt plate from the War of 1812
It's crazy how many times I imagined myself finding one and it finally happened on Saturday! :headbang: Although I know it's going to be hard to ID this one, I couldn't be happier with its condition.

20180923_103111a.jpg 20180923_103102a.jpg

The letters seem to indicate L.S.V. and I suspect it belonged to a militia soldier. ( Loyal S.... Volunteers?)

An other great find an hour or so latter, was my best preserved Connecticut copper 1785 (Miller 6.4-I)

20180923_0859431.jpg 20180923_0859291.jpg

Couldn't be happier as both relics are top shelf finds but the belt plate,for me personally, takes the cake.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
Upvote 104
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aureus, I was surprised I missed your original post, but Eegads those are nice finds and CONGRATULATIONS on the deserved Banner! Great condition and interesting historical finds! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Underwonder. One of my best finds this year, no doubt about it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really happy for you pal! That’s one of those really special finds that’s in a class of its own

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find! Congrats! I dreamed of finding one from that time period as well! That cursive script is amazing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really happy for you pal! That’s one of those really special finds that’s in a class of its own

Thanks man. My first military find to get the banner.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. My first military find to get the banner.

Which is ridiculous with all of the amazing Rev War buttons and relics. But anyway I suppose I am biased to early finds....that are scarce....with a military association....in amazing condition! Ok I just reaffirmed to myself that I am NOT bias. Your finds are top notch and many deserve to be up top.

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Late to the party Aureus, but no doubt that the mods got this one right- could only dream of recovering an early plate in that condition. I'm sure it will look incredible in the display with all the other early military buttons you've been recovering lately. HUGE congrats buddy

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Which is ridiculous with all of the amazing Rev War buttons and relics. But anyway I suppose I am biased to early finds....that are scarce....with a military association....in amazing condition! Ok I just reaffirmed to myself that I am NOT bias. Your finds are top notch and many deserve to be up top.

Thanks man.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Late to the party Aureus, but no doubt that the mods got this one right- could only dream of recovering an early plate in that condition. I'm sure it will look incredible in the display with all the other early military buttons you've been recovering lately. HUGE congrats buddy

Thanks VMI, it does look great on display. It actually looks way better in real life than in the pic.

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aureus - I offer my compliments on these great finds sooner. I don't know what to add to the eight pages of high praise for your military plate. I'll just say ABSOLUTELY AWSOME! I'll say no more; it hurts to type as I possibly sprained my index finger scrolling through so many replies to this thread. Killer find and congrats on making banner.

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aureus - I offer my compliments on these great finds sooner. I don't know what to add to the eight pages of high praise for your military plate. I'll just say ABSOLUTELY AWSOME! I'll say no more; it hurts to type as I possibly sprained my index finger scrolling through so many replies to this thread. Killer find and congrats on making banner.

Thanks man. I'm very happy with it and couldn't have asked for a better condition. Its maybe not Rev War but 1812 isn't that bad neither.
Good luck on your hunts!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW what a great save!!! Congratulations on your Banner, well deserved :icon_thumleft:

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That plate. What an amazing piece of history!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That plate is so cool! Can't even imagine seeing that in the hole.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! Very Rare! That definitely deserved Banner! Congratulations!

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread