Marketing

Honestly I think they're fairly comparable. The F2 has VDI which the 250 doesn't. If I were to choose again, I'd probably go with the F2.

Jay

I found a fisher f4 with free accessories headphones digging tool bags and the f4. Im planning to buy it but its on ebay and im not sure any recommendations

If it's used, your pretty much rolling the dice. I upgraded to an AT Pro that I got thru Bart at Big Boys hobbies recently. I'd recommend contacting Bart or one of the other sponsored vendors here on Tnet. Ebay is just to risky (IMHO) for big purchases. If you contact these vendors directly (email or phone) they will answer all your questions and give you great deals if possible. I recommend this option for warranty reasons too.

Jay

It says its brand new i mean it looks good and the box is there it looks pretty legit

FWIW, I had narrowed my choices down to the F2, and ACE 250. My research indicated that both were very compareable in performance and features. I purchased from Kellyco, and, my final decision was based on the warranty. The F2 offers a 5 year warranty, while the ACE 250 only offered two years. As I stated in my earlier reply, we bought my son a ACE 150. That purchase, I don't regret either. It's built very well, and, comes with excellent documentation and instructions. At this point, I recommend either company.

What you need to do, is decide what you want the detector to do for you, and what features you want. Go with the model/brand, that fits your requirements.

Generally speaking, warranties only apply to the person who purchased the unit and registered it. Your warranty will usually not be valid unless you send in that little card that comes with the product within 10 days of purchase. I would imagine that a detector bought from eBay will not be covered by the manufacturer (and probably wouldn't come with a warranty card anyway, unless it comes from a retailer that works with the manufacturer). This means that if it works when you receive it and then it breaks, you're out of luck. Be sure not to count on a warranty unless you're sure your unit comes straight from the manufacturer.

Again, the Tesoro lifetime warranty trumps all others. The Compadre also has the edge on performance in this price range. If there is a Compadre in the house, then the F2 and Ace 250 are doorstops. Yes, Fisher and Garrett make better models, but not in this price range. If you want a real metal detector, then you need a detector manufacturer that takes all of their models seriously. Tesoro is that manufacturer.

P.S. A Fisher F4 might be worth it, but you wouldn't get a warranty at that price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back