Marty Meylach, Diving to a flash of gold, R.I.P.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty Meylach passed away sometime in March of this year. God bless him !! I hadn't herd from him in a few years, and im sure he was close to if not 100 !! He was probably the single biggest influence on me in treasure hunting !! So glad to spend time with him and listen to the advice of an all star legend of treasure hunting !! What a great man, and helpful friend he was !! I used to kid with him and call him the greatest treasure hunter of all time....he liked that and we would laugh about it...... he really was the greatest of all time in my eyes !! He made some of the greatest 1733 discoveries in my back yard here in the keys !! And definitely guided me to treasure. God bless you marty....I love you man !!
photo-243.JPG
20210409_222121.jpg
20210409_222121.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya...its tough to swallow. One of the pioneers of underwater treasure hunting, and an awsome writer. The world needs more people like him....there getting rare these days !! Thank you pepper 🌶

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like he was so much more than a mentor to you. A really good friend with similar souls.

(Sounds like you need to write a book like he did to keep the stories and information you have accumulated from being lost. I imagine TNet is just the tidbits of your tales.)

Surfline

Dec 30, 2021
Marty Meylach passed away sometime in March of this year. God bless him !! I hadn't herd from him in a few years, and im sure he was close to if not 100 !! He was probably the single biggest influence on me in treasure hunting !! So glad to spend time with him and listen to the advice of an all star legend of treasure hunting !! What a great man, and helpful friend he was !! I used to kid with him and call him the greatest treasure hunter of all time....he liked that and we would laugh about it...... he really was the greatest of all time in my eyes !! He made some of the greatest 1733 discoveries in my back yard here in the keys !! And definitely guided me to treasure. God bless you marty....I love you man !! View attachment 2078980 View attachment 2078981 View attachment 2078981
Read his book, ‘Diving to a Flash of Gold’ Celebration of life making it that long.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book is not easy to lay hands on anymore, and to get the map in the back is a 50/50 shot !! But it's an all time great treasurehunting book !! For me here in the keys it's a must have !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little skull was a gift from marty..it will always be around my neck next to one of the pillar dollars he helped me locate from the 1733 fleet. Love you my friend, rest in peace !!
20230422_071802.jpg

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites, Aquapulse, Grometrics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Marty Meylach passed away sometime in March of this year. God bless him !! I hadn't herd from him in a few years, and im sure he was close to if not 100 !! He was probably the single biggest influence on me in treasure hunting !! So glad to spend time with him and listen to the advice of an all star legend of treasure hunting !! What a great man, and helpful friend he was !! I used to kid with him and call him the greatest treasure hunter of all time....he liked that and we would laugh about it...... he really was the greatest of all time in my eyes !! He made some of the greatest 1733 discoveries in my back yard here in the keys !! And definitely guided me to treasure. God bless you marty....I love you man !! View attachment 2078980 View attachment 2078981 View attachment 2078981
Yea Marty was a piece of work.
I probably knew him as good as anyone alive. We were partners on a wreck site. Anyone that really knew Marty knew the man he was.
I never met anyone more knowledgeable On shipwrecks . He could tell a story like no other. His memory was like a computer. He could keep you mesmerized on a story.
a true pioneer.
a true salesman. Anyone who had any business dealings with Marty knows how he really was.
if you got into a business deal of an kind, you ended up with the short end of the stick. Plain and simple. But I always knew that and I accepted that and knew that going in.
I will miss his stories and his knowledge.

SteveS

Apr 29, 2007
Sorry to hear. Photo of Marty with his magnetometer I took back in the 80's during one of the Ft. Lauderdale Shipwreck Symposiums where we took students out to shipwrecks. Marty
IMG_1715 a.jpg
showing them how one works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions