What's new

Mass Button- ID Help please!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
4,731
Reaction score
7,187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this Mass button at an 1800's homesite today- can anyone give me some info on it- I can't seem to find a match for both the obverse and the reverse. Would greatly appreciate any assistance!

Thanks!

-- Jeff --
 

Attachments

  • massbutton 008cr.webp
    massbutton 008cr.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 147
  • massbutton 005cr.webp
    massbutton 005cr.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 30
Agree... It's loaded with gilt. Would look great. Looks like just a few minutes to clean as most of what's on there seems to be dirt.

Yeap, its a safe bet, or I would not have recommended. (2 minutes at a time, until happy)
 
I like aluminum jelly..just seems to work well on gilt...but I have no experience with lemon juice..I will have to try it sometime
 
Treble Gilt, that's me baby yeah! She had gold all over her at one time. Sorry can't read the rest, two piece puts it in the 1800's I'd think, my button ID ing sucks, lol
Nice find brother.


Agreed on the great amount of gold left Treb, but I do believe its a one-piece button.
 
That's a beauty and as Cru said that will be a stunner if cleaned properly. Congrats
 
chicopee mass for me
 
Jeff has a double! :eek:
Now the relics are trembling in fear! :D
 
Thanks for all the help, cleaning tips and info- greatly appreciated!

-- Jeff --
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom