What's new

Matagorda? Galveston? Southeast Texas?

Southwesterner

Greenie
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas - Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, Whites Coinmaster Pro 6000Di
Anyone here ever go out to the above mentioned places? I'm a newbie and would like to get out and start hitting some sites. Any ideas?

Thanks
 
I get to Galveston frequently and have been to the other locals dozens of times. Do you want to water hunt, beach hunt, or are you interested in relics? You have to relize that over 95% of the land here is private, beach is public. You need to research what parks allow detecting be fore doing so, state parks do not, period, some corp of engineer parks do, city and county all vary. Good Luck
 
Probably more of the beach and land type. Relics, coins... I'll take whatever I can stumble upon at this point. Planning a couple of gold hunts in AZ in a few weeks also.

Yes, I have been researching laws etc...

Thanks!
 
my kids and i are interested in beach hunting on matagorda beach in palacios, are we going to run into any legal problems on this beach? the section right in front of the luther hotel is where we will be spending most of our time. does anyone know the rules for this area?
thank you
 
I've hunted there, no problems.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom