- Joined
- May 28, 2010
- Messages
- 21,755
- Reaction score
- 35,425
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- White Plains, New York
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
A fantastic day at Jones Beach on Long Island this morning. Absolutely beautiful, and a lot of folks out early detecting! I counted at least seven Minelabs on the beach, a few Whites, and my Shark! Started off very slow, pulling wire and hooks. As the tide began to lower the clad began to sound off. I was fortunate to meet several fellas this morning, including Joe! Little did I know we would share an interesting experience just an hour later!
I continued to grid the beach from the high tide mark down into the knee-deep water, then back up again. Dug some more garbage, then hit the hoop earring in the water. A few minutes later, Joe and another fella are coming back down the beach, and we stop and talk. While Joe will remember the other fella's name, I was pretty.. well, let's just say I'm forgetful! A-N-Y-W-A-Y, Joe had found the PARTNER to my hoop just up the beach! Freaky! The Exact match. Wow! So while I can't retire yet, it was a priceless day on the beach finding new hunting buds!!
I continued to grid the beach from the high tide mark down into the knee-deep water, then back up again. Dug some more garbage, then hit the hoop earring in the water. A few minutes later, Joe and another fella are coming back down the beach, and we stop and talk. While Joe will remember the other fella's name, I was pretty.. well, let's just say I'm forgetful! A-N-Y-W-A-Y, Joe had found the PARTNER to my hoop just up the beach! Freaky! The Exact match. Wow! So while I can't retire yet, it was a priceless day on the beach finding new hunting buds!!
Attachments
Upvote
0
This was my fifth-time out to Jones, and what a beautiful day it was. Really started to get crowded by 12:30, that is when I headed back. See you again soon!
I'm going to try it next time!
I'm ready to try ANYTHING!
One of the very first things I did with my new machine was depth tests at the beach in wet and dry sand. I used my 10K Claddagh ring, and my gals platinum engagement ring, taped to plastic poker chips. I also used a 1-gram gold nugget from Arizona - just for giggles. I am VERY confident that I can hear it if it is there Steve!







