may have found new miners moss

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a tv commercial for a shower/bath mat and I instantly recognized it was miner's moss! I didn't write down the product info, I was too shocked I was seeing it sold as a shower mat.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jason in Enid said:
I saw a tv commercial for a shower/bath mat and I instantly recognized it was miner's moss! I didn't write down the product info, I was too shocked I was seeing it sold as a shower mat.

Haha. Saw that. I think it was AquaRug?

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everyone i work at a warehouse that buys and sells mats and carpets that style of carpet is called Nomad usually or its called a indoor outdoor carpet both have the miner moss style just something to think about

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in Enid said:

I watched that commercial too. It will be shown again, trust me. <lol>. "But wait, there's more" !!

As I recall it mentioned that it was not available in stores. Ha ... Wal-Mart has an entire aisle display labeled "As Seen on TV". Next trip to Wal-Mart, I'll check for the shower (miners) mat stuff.

M

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
The stuff inwas looking at was at sears. It craftsman pvc loop matting. Scruber carpet

ratttn

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2013
Tennessee
I have been told you can also use washable air filters( for air conditioners)! I picked one up from Walmart today it was under 5 bucks! Have tried it yet but it looks promising :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid back miners moss is absolutely worthless as instantly loads up and cement in mere minutes. Even unbacked loads fast and must be dumped and cleaned after each and every shutdown. Last choice for any situations-John

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
really? I am using backed Nomad miners moss right now and I can run 8 buckets through it before it needs to be cleaned out and I check my tailings and didn't find anything

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run unbacked MM in my dredge and it has never packed up. I have had it load with rocks from too little angle / flow, but never had it pack from fines.

As for the shower mat commercial I saw it seemed to show both forms (at once). They would show the shower mat and it was obviously a backed version, but then they would talk about how water ran through it so it wouldn't mold underneath, so who know what you would get if you bought that stuff. But as for MM, I like it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
The stuff I was talking about is not shower mat. Its a pvc loop mat . Looks just like the expensive 3m mat that I bought . I have unbacked nomaf carpet from prospector plus on ebay. But im buildi g a another sluice and using that over a vmat

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stuff I was talking about is not shower mat. Its a pvc loop mat . Looks just like the expensive 3m mat that I bought . I have unbacked nomaf carpet from prospector plus on ebay. But im buildi g a another sluice and using that over a vmat

I understand that. The "bath mat" commercial I was reference WAS made just like Nomad carpet.

As for the miners moss, the 3M product was the first I believe, and it was (and is) sold as industrial door mat material. There are other companies that make similar product, but you need to inspect them, because some are extremely dense and not very functional as MM. Some are also using cheaper material so it breaks down much faster than the 3M.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive used miners moss for 8 years on my 4 inch O/U dredge.ive noticed that if you slow down or worse yet, if you stop the enging, the black sand locks up in miners moss and when you restart youe engine, the blacksand wont come unpacked!if you rev the engine up on startup thinking itll bust it lose,you maybe right, but itll bust the gold out of your sluice aswell.i switched over to Veranda carpet by Shaw. itll clean it self out as you go and leave the finest of gold and will never get packed up. i have the Gold Cube and it uses the Vortex belting and i like it in my Cube, the hog mat looks reallt nice but i cant afford to buy it to try out even if its the cats meyooooooooooooooow!im real happy with the Veranda carpet.thanks to Hosers suggestion! on the bright side, the left over miners moss i have works real good as a foot wipe in front of my garage.try it, youll like it!

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ tell us a story for your 2000 post! A good 'un, if you please! Lots o gold and adventure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread