May was GOOD month !!!

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Here are a few of the items I found this month …….

2 newer pad locks, a really old pad lock, a couple square head nails, a spike, and the thing that looks like a T-Rex claw is metal. You tell me ???

DSC04237a.jpg

A lead Darth Vader and my first Boy Scout trophy. The dog tag I tried to return but they told at the phone number on it to throw it away since it was about to expire.

DSC04238a.jpg

Here are a couple of interesting things. I found the brass leafy thing and the pieces of pottery at a site I have been checking out where a school used to stand. I also liked the keyhole, it was across the street from an old church downtown.

DSC04239a.jpg

A couple of fossils found. The one on the left is kind of unique in that it has markings on all sides. The “Indian Bead” I found downtown where the old trading post used to be. I doubt it’s authentic.

DSC04242a.jpg

Here are my Wheats for the month, 7 total. A 1953 Nickel, and at the lower right my first 1969 S Penny. I am pretty sure I have never even seen a “S” in my pocket before !! ???

DSC04243a.jpg

Next my second 1907 Indian Head, a 1948 Penny from the Netherlands, and a 1962 Dime, my first silver dime ( found in my pocket ). Also the Penny from the Netherlands came from my wife, she got it from a customer where she works.

DSC04244a.jpg

Lastly …… $ 11.21 in clad. Not to much this month for some reason. I guess I have been focusing a little more on sites where I can find some older coinage or relics. By the way, last month I decided that from now on all my clad that I find, since it’s not mine anyhow, I am giving to Compassion International to help out orphans.

DSC04247a.jpg

Well that’s about it …….

Have a GREAT day and thanks for looking !!

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0
Ivy: Wow, neat variety of finds. Love your pics. I would guess the T-rex claw is part of an old farm plow or similar implement. We have found similar large rusty pieces on our property. Gotta like that Darth Vader, too. Kudos on giving your clad finds to a charitable organization. :)

HH

Holy smokes Mark, you've been busy! Some cool finds there & great pictures. Was that Saturn emblem still attached to the car? ;D
Thanks for the post,
-MM-

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to the dark side and my galaxy
and to obey the Sith Law;
To defeat other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally crooked. (poorly modified scout oath)

That's my best interpretation of the combination of your finds. Great to see you're getting out and finding some fun stuff!

Thats a great post, congrats for the months pluder....
Keep safe...

That's a great old lock, Mark! You got lots a good keepers last month!

Congrats! Nana :)

A great collection of truly interesting finds. Congrats. :)
Your intentions to donate the clad you find..noble and I am sure something that will make a difference and be appreciated.
Looks like a great month, hope June is even better!
;D
DD

i found an old lock like the one on the top right of your pic, found it in ohio but yours is in much better shape then mine ! congrats on your finds ;)

weasel606 said:
i found an old lock like the one on the top right of your pic, found it in ohio but yours is in much better shape then mine ! congrats on your finds ;)

any idea on an age ???

Ivy

Your old padlock info is listed below:

Eagle, 8 Lever Mastadon

Manufacturer Eagle
Materials used Brass, case & shackle
Size 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" 9/16"
Dates Early 1900's
Type of Keyway Double bit post
Operating Mechanism 8 lever, levers act as latch
Approx value ( in good condition) $15.00

Top Member Reactions