What's new

May2016

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been out to several times in May. Here are the picks. '08 IHP and 1917S wheat were in same hole. The brass circle reads "ELECTRICAL DEPARTMENT B.S. CO." The buckle was very shallow and has the marking "5" on the reverse. The two-piece lady's make-up applicator still has a bit of the red colored eyeshade/lipstick? in container. Finds have been sparse lately. Looking to start at a permission this week, so we'll see what comes of that.
finds.webpFinds.webpFinds.webp
 
Upvote 22
I would be happy with that hunt. I love the thrill of what might be under the coil. Good job hope permission hunt goes well!!!!!
 
Good finds!! May has been good to you so far.
 
Fantastic finds - "congrats" and thanks for sharing your pictures with all of us. Wish you many more while out dirt fishing with your F75.

Texas ED
 
Congrats on some nice finds and good luck with the new site
 
Thanks Tommy. Permission is a homesite, built 1852 on 2 acres.
 
Thanks Austin. The 1908 IHP had me going. Out in the field it had a smudge below the ribbon on the reverse; I had myself convinced it was an "S". ha!
 
Thanks deershed. Thanks for the reminder that "May has been a good month"!
 
Thanks Texas Ed for checking out the pics and adding your comment! Happy Hunting!
 
Thanks Art. A friend invited me to hunt his new place after he turned down another detectorist who had stopped by to ask permission. My friend knew I was a serious hunter and wanted me to have the opportunity. Wow!
 
I like that big buckle and the Indians are really sweet.
 
Thanks Carolina Tom! I'm stumped on the buckle. First of all, it's huge. I suspect it was for an animal harness. solid brass cast as one piece with the number "5" stamped on it. Very shallow.
 
Congrats on the finds. I would be happy with any hunt results right now. Weather and the job have kept me pinned down the last couple of weeks. Good luck on the new permission. Sounds promising.
 
Some sweet coins,, I always enjoy coming across compacts. Especially if they have coins inside.
Congrats
 
Thanks Tommy G. I get to Culpeper about once a month. Never detected there, but did visit Belmont Farms that isn't far from Battle of Cedar Creek. Was speaking with an employee there who told me her husband came across a regimental stone while working with his tractor.
 
Thanks ATW. Definitely been pulling in the wheaties lately and every now and then an injun pops up.
 
Thanks Scruggs. Yes! The 1917S and 1919D came on the same hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom